What is the price of success ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the price of success ?

Doing what you love to do is not enough to be successful, it is more than that. The success has a price and you have to pay to get it, this price depends on what you want to do and how much sacrifices you can give. Ask yousrself, why and how ?

These two questions are very important to draw your road and understand your stategy as well.

I think that the success has a very special price and if you are not ready to pay it, don't think about it at all. The hard work, the patience, sacrifices on all sides of your life, sometimes you have to forget some important people in your life to reach your goals and at that point you have to decide and choose between your social life and your business. That happens sometimes not in all the cases, maybe you find this idea a little bit strange but it is the reality for some people.

Do what it takes + love what you do = Success

What do you think about ?

3 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

If you really want to get deep, perhaps it's time to consider what success really means.

If you're sleeping on a pile of money from all the sacrifices you made to attain it - but you've alienated your family in the process, abstained from doing things you enjoy, and harmed your physical and mental health in the process - is that really success? That's where my corporate career led me, and it wasn't pretty.

To me, success is achieving a balance in life. One where you have the freedom to do the things you enjoy and spend time with the ones you love, and yet not have to worry about having enough money to make that possible. One where you may still work hard, but you do it on your own terms.

And, that's exactly the lifestyle that's possible to achieve as a self-employed, online instructor.

Thank you @FrankKane success is relative and it depends on how you define it but the real success is to be happy and enjoy what you do. What i mean here is that doing only what you love to do is not enough to be successful, you have to do what it takes + some passion of course.

Frank Kane, I like your approach and I am glad it's working for you and bringing balance and success. I hope Udemy will work out the same for me. I agree. I don't think sacrifice equals success and it drains our energy so we become unproductive and make mistakes. I work best when I am inspired because things go smoothly. If I push too hard, everything goes wrong, even things out of my control.  I aspire to using the taoist approach of going with the flow. Perhaps I will write a course about it. Now that would be fun!

LL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.