Why own coupon codes revenue shares only around 40%?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why own coupon codes revenue shares only around 40%?

Go to solution

Hello everybody!

I have a question...Yesteday I sent you coupon codes to my students for US$ 9.99 for each course. It is said that instructors can keep 97% of the revenue from own promotions. However I sometimes see that I only receive around 40% of that instead of 97%. Does somebody know why that happens?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-11 um 12.54.46.png

I am looking forward to your answer 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Yep.

You didn't actually create a $9.99 coupon. You created a best price coupon. And the best price varies by country.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Go to solution

Click on the details next to your revenue amount and you'll get the answer.

Go to solution

Hi Michael,

Thanks I have just checked it. So basically I offer the course for US$9.99 and when students from specific countries open the coupon link, the course is then actually offered for only around US$5...

Go to solution

Yep.

You didn't actually create a $9.99 coupon. You created a best price coupon. And the best price varies by country.

Go to solution

Thank you Michael:)

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

@JuliaKrist Wait till a student from India buys the course on Big Sale day from iOS device!

Go to solution

@Salil Dhawan does a different price appear then?

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

The sale has lowest price and countries like India have lower price because of conversion but also apple takes 30%, and then government takes 18% GST, so you get 30% of 50% of an already low price, basically around $1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.