hello, new instructor here and a question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello, new instructor here and a question

Go to solution

Hi there, my name is Miriam, and I actually published a course on Udemy close to a decade ago. However, I have forgotten how it works along the way and getting used to the platform once again. I have my course written out with the PowerPoint slides done, but I haven't started recording yet. I will likely have it done in a few weeks. I am a writer, astrologer, and tarot reader, and the course I have combines some of that. Anyway, I am wondering about intro videos. I am camera shy. I know I should put out an intro video, but must I go on camera? I did not have to do that when I had my old course here, but not sure what has changed and what has not. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey welcome back to creating courses with Udemy! 

It is not required to go on camera, If it makes you uncomfortable, although, it is recommended to show yourself in your intro because you need to appear to your students.

Also an alternative option is to just make a slide show about yourself and than about your course, your slide show could include some good looking pictures of you and some descriptions about yourself and what you teach! And than you can talk about your course in further slides! 

If I were you I would go with a slide show with some pictures of you instead of appearing on camera! 

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You don't have to go on camera. However, courses that sell well create a human connection between the instructor and the student. I suggest you search the best selling courses in your category and ask yourself why they are best selling. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

thank you. 

Go to solution

1.000.000.$ 🙂 give me

Go to solution

Hey welcome back to creating courses with Udemy! 

It is not required to go on camera, If it makes you uncomfortable, although, it is recommended to show yourself in your intro because you need to appear to your students.

Also an alternative option is to just make a slide show about yourself and than about your course, your slide show could include some good looking pictures of you and some descriptions about yourself and what you teach! And than you can talk about your course in further slides! 

If I were you I would go with a slide show with some pictures of you instead of appearing on camera! 

Hope this helps 🙂

Go to solution

Thank you very much. I am still working on the course and recording it now so it will be a few weeks before it is out. However, I may do the slide show thing!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.