hi i'm excited and apprehensive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi i'm excited and apprehensive

hello dear colleagues i should say 

i'm new to this GIANT Platform created by udemy

I'm excited but a little bit apprehensive . I'm eating sleeping chewing -how to courses about chapters videos audios editings rules etc etc etc  i hope soon I do the the real work of uploading my first course

5 Replies

Welcome to the community, @RenuThakur122! We're very excited to have you onboard and hope you make the decision to start creating your course. We'll be here to support you throughout the way. Smiley Very Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

thankyou for the welcome and best wishes 

but surprisingly the course which i thought would take me just a week to complete and upload seems far off now. I think because as i read more about the course pattern etc and lot of material and payment account creation etc just ruffeled up my whole enregy .

i really would like to take long deep breath and follow a simple  i-2-3 method to complete my course and publish it .for the time being I'm just swinging between excitement to be on board udemy course instructor and panic to complete my course in a proper acceptable manner.Have i just been bitten by the bug of perfectionism or are my feelings normal for a beginner? i wonder

@Abbie wrote:

Welcome to the community, @RenuThakur122! We're very excited to have you onboard and hope you make the decision to start creating your course. We'll be here to support you throughout the way. Smiley Very Happy

You're not alone, @RenuThakur122! Pretty sure many instructors went through this. I know @RamziDeveloper, @MartinCohen, and @RandyMinder have brought this up in the past. Smiley Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Hi @RenuThakur122 

A couple thoughts here. 

First, don't strive for perfection. More than likely, you simply are not going to earn enough money to justify spending hours upon hours trying to make your course as good as it can be. The average Udemy instructor will only earn about $4 for each course sold. So, you need to consider whether the time spent to perfect your course is worth it. In my opinion, it is not. 

Second, before you get too far into your course, do some research, if you haven't yet, to make sure your course isn't going to compete against 500+ other courses teaching the same thing. Almost every day an instructor will post a message here wondering why they are not making any sales. In most cases it's because there are 500 or more courses teaching the same thing. This makes it almost impossible for your course to get noticed.

thanks for the insight

@RandyMinder wrote:

Hi @RenuThakur122 

A couple thoughts here. 

First, don't strive for perfection. More than likely, you simply are not going to earn enough money to justify spending hours upon hours trying to make your course as good as it can be. The average Udemy instructor will only earn about $4 for each course sold. So, you need to consider whether the time spent to perfect your course is worth it. In my opinion, it is not. 

Second, before you get too far into your course, do some research, if you haven't yet, to make sure your course isn't going to compete against 500+ other courses teaching the same thing. Almost every day an instructor will post a message here wondering why they are not making any sales. In most cases it's because there are 500 or more courses teaching the same thing. This makes it almost impossible for your course to get noticed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.