low income

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

low income

I prepared a training set for udemy, but I could not get the desired output.

I want to use it as a promotion, but I can't give any feedback.I don't have any ads

I thought I could generate income but was disappointed when I couldn't.I made my own advertisement on many platforms such as instagram, social media, but I could not get results.only one sale.

only one sale Udemy

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SerdarUslu1453, I'm sorry to hear you're having a low income in your new course, I totally understand that this can be disappointing. Since you've recently published your course, there are still many ways you can promote it to attract students and maximize your conversion rate. Check the following links for some great tips on how you can do this:

On the Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Marketing thread, you can learn how to improve your course on Udemy to get more students, how to use Udemy's promotional tools, take advantage of social media, and much more! 

I hope this helps, but If you have any questions or need advice on any specific area, don't hesitate to ask - we'll be here for you! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @SerdarUslu1453,

I must share my experience to help gain some perspective: When I started on Udemy, I had created a course in a low competition topic. And in the first month, I earned only $16 with as low as 3 sales. Out of those 3, one was a coupon that I had shared with one of my friends/family who wanted to take the course. So, technically, I earned about $6 only (and two sales). In the second month, I made lesser than that. But this money was exciting, so I published the second course. Then the third. As years passed, I built a strong following on Udemy and quit my full-time job. I am now a full-time Udemy instructor.

Few takeaways from this experience:

• Please do not expect to earn huge with your first course on Udemy. You are starting with zero audience.
  • It will take time and efforts to build a momentum. If you are seriously looking for high returns, be prepared to invest yourself with no expectations of getting any significant returns for the first few months (and in some cases, years)
  • Focus on creating high-quality course, be active in student discussions, definitely do some self-marketing, and look for other topics that you can teach on

Hope this helps 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.