udemy business exclusivity: Can I offer a free sample on YouTube

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

udemy business exclusivity: Can I offer a free sample on YouTube

I am thinking about joining udemy business but I am also running a YouTube channel and publish roughly the first third of my courses there. Since udemy business has an exclusivity clause, would that make me ineligible or does that only cover offering the course for money on competing platforms? 

2 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ChrisK, thank you for your interest in the Udemy Business program. Regarding your question, you are welcome to share free preview videos of your course on YouTube without violating our exclusivity clause

However, it's important to note that the exclusivity clause prohibits offering the entire course or a significant portion of it for sale on any other platforms other than your own. Sharing free previews of the course and related topics that do not create competition with your Udemy Business course is totally fine.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to policy@udemy.com and the team will be happy to assist!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ChrisK, I also thought you might be interested in reading this discussion we had here in the forum some time ago where we clarified what we mean by 'free previews' and gave a little more context about the do's and don'ts when sharing portions of the course on Youtube.

Hope this helps!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.