cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understand payment policy

I want to know one thing, I am very confused about this, 

from the udemy website, 

""  

1. Sales occurring through instructor promotions: instructors receive 97% of the revenue when the student purchases their content using an instructor’s coupon or referral link.

2. Sales that do not occur through an instructor promotion: instructors receive 37% of the revenue for any Udemy sales where no instructor coupon or course referral link was used. These sales might occur after a user clicks on a Udemy advertisement, or browses the Udemy marketplace for courses.  

""

So according to this , if anyone's course is sold by for example 200 students, and the course's price is $10, and there is no coupon or referral link, then will the instructor get (3.7 * 200) = $740 after two months (since there is 30 days money back) ?  Is this the right calculation ?

or what am i missing here  ?

could you please explain me this ? i would be grateful to you if you just let me know, thanks.

2 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

In practice it is less than that, because things like currency exchange, taxes, and app store fees will also be deducted. Generally you will make between 1 and 4 dollars per enrollment.

I find this very confusing as well. Maybe Udemy could break down the payments so we know where they are from.

I have one course priced 24,99 with 4 enrollments this month. Payments add up to 44,95 which just doesn't add up to 37% nor 97%.

I can access a graph that tells me this is 7,93 Udemy organic, 21,15 own promotion and 7,85 Advertising programme. But that doesn't add up either, nor does it tell me how these figures wer put together.

Is there any other document I'm missing?

Regards all and thanks for any hint.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors