Options

Comments

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @VirajShetty265
    ... Appreciate the note

• mariorossiudemy
    Options

Hi Rahul, what an amazing achievement! I am very happy for you and wish 10x more success in the near future.

• trainer777
    Options

Congratulations @Rahul Iyer , motivating story for us as a biginner
    Could you please details howa much courses you publish per month ? how much time ? how you promote courses ? ..;

Thanks

• GuilhermeMP
    Options

Wow... amazing story, Big Rahul! This is surely an inspiration

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @mariorossiudemy
    ... Appreciate your note

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Hi @trainer777

Nice to meet you. Great questions. Below are the details:

How much courses you publish per month ? How much time?

It is difficult to publish one course per month. But I try to publish a course every two or three months. This is because the scripting, voice-over, shooting, production, publishing, etc takes its own sweet time.

With that said, I have not published a single course in the last six months as I was focused on updating the existing courses. I think this practice of updating the existing courses before Black Friday did help in having an excellent season.

How do you promote courses?

The best part about working with Udemy is you can focus on content creation and Udemy does the rest. They will do complete marketing and administration. So, you are working on your core skills of creating courses (effectively).

Having said that, I do spend a little time in catering to my audience on Social Media Sites. I am active on a handful of them. Here, I do not put effort on promoting my courses. I prefer giving out nicely created value-driven content for free. As the external audience sees good content that they can use to add value to their work, they are automatically attracted to my courses here on Udemy.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to shoot additional questions as needed

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @GuilhermeMP
    ... Nice to meet you here

• ariyam66
    ariyam66 Posts: 131
    Options

Congratulations that is a big achievement!

• StanVangild204
    Options

@Rahul Iyer
    Thanks again for this post. I've read it several times and learn something new each time! I've studied your earnings graph and I'm curious about your experience with Udemy Business. How and when did you make that connection? Also, do you feel like the release of each new course improves the sales of existing courses, or just adds a new income stream? Thanks!

• AtilSamancioglu
    Options

Well deserved, congratulations!

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @AtilSamancioglu
    .. Nice to meet you and appreciate your note

• StanVangild204
    Options

@Rahul Iyer
    That is awesome! Thanks for being so generous with your time and knowledge. This is the kind of exchange of experience and best practices that makes the Instructor Club so valuable to me and many others. Much continued success to you and I hope to see more milestone announcements from you soon.

• Jesmion
    Jesmion Posts: 102
    Options
    Congratulations for all your efforts and display about knowledge acquired through series of endeavor. Iam Jesmion, iam not here to make money, because iam a free online Educator on Morality and Moral complexity. How would i be rated on aspect of non money conscious?
  • Congratulations @Rahul Iyer
    !

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Hi @Jesmion

Thank you. It is great to see that you are looking to publish free courses for topics such as morality and its complexity. The topics are unique. And there are hardly a few instructors who have all of their courses free.

You have asked a fantastic Q: how would you be rated on aspect of non money conscious? I will share my humble opinion and I would like to say that these are my views only.

Udemy Course Pricing:

Courses on Udemy are priced at $9.99 or slightly higher. So, you never really charge an exorbitant amount of fee that is even triple digit. Plus, Udemy policies maintain that you do not appear salesy. So, you content is always considered value-driven by the student community.

Citing these reasons, as a Udemy instructor, you are always considered to have a non-money conscious.

Free vs. Paid Content:

If you search any topic on YouTube, you will find a bunch of videos (in every niche) whose content is outstanding and provides complete end-to-end information for FREE. So, even if we have excellent videos on such a huge platform (such as YouTube), why is it that students come to Udemy and pay for the same information?

In my opinion, it is only when the student invests his/her money in buying a course, he/she becomes committed to completing it. It is a general mentality of every human: FREE stuff is great, but they will value if they are able to invest their money that will help them stay committed.

Conclusion:

I personally think that a paid course makes a huge difference to the individual who takes it as compared to a free course. When a student invests money, he/she is invested in the course.

These are just my thoughts. I am in no way, shape, or form wanting to influence your decision of keeping your courses free or paid. Whether it is a free or paid course, all that matters is you are adding value to your audience. And that's the best thing!

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @Anonymous
    .. Nice to meet you

• @Rahul Iyer
    Nice to meet you! I really appreciate you shared your experiences here

• AstonEdwards2020
    Options

Bravo! Next year will be better!

• AshishR
    Options

Congratulations Rahul, You are my best friend now

I am at 177k, behind you.

your initial revenues were very much similar to of mine.

keep it up, I wish to see 1M Dollars post from you. Good luck

very happy for you

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @StanVangild204

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @AstonEdwards2020
    ... I am sure it will be for all of us. Nice to meet you

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Hey @AshishR
    ... Nice to meet you... $177K is awesome. I fully understand your dedication and focus to achieve this feat! Brilliant!!

Agree, we must all post our achievements in this closed forum. It inspires and motivates everyone. I wish the same $1M post from you too, very soon Stay in touch!

• Michael_D_Nwaogu
    Options

@Rahul Iyer
    you did well by sharing this inspiring post. Thank you. Imagine how super little the beginning was...

1. Aug 2016 - $15.70
    2. Sep 2016 - $10.00
    3. Oct 2016 - $11.25

Thanks once again for sharing.

Congratulations!

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @Michael_D_Nwaogu
    ... Appreciate the note. Nice to meet you

• Jesmion
    Jesmion Posts: 102
    Options
    Thank you for your thought about my fantastic question; i thank you for your thought, i like it
  • SandeepKumarMathur
    Options

Congratulations @Rahul Iyer . Your story is truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @SandeepKumarMathur
    Nice to meet you

• RiturajDixit
    Options

Remarkable Journey Sir,

Very Motivational..

• Rahul Iyer
    Options

Thank you @RiturajDixit
    nice to meet you