6 months in and hit 2K a month

Options

Guys, there are some on here that feel it's already "too late". That the established instructors are entrenched, and it's impossible to make gains now.

It's wrong. You just have to fight hard!!

Screenshot 2019-06-03 15.20.08.png

I'm 6 months in now and making a decent monthly clip. It's not linear, and I expect more ups and downs in the years to come, but it's heading in the right direction.

My simple tips, if anyone cares..

1. Put out a good product. Product and service come before everything else.
2. Build a community off of Udemy.

3. Listen to the ppl on Udemy making money. The vets are great at imparting wisdom.
4. Find what works for you in your niche. Experiment, and have fun with it.

5. Don't expect Udemy to do the work for you.

I've suggested eLearning platforms to a bunch of friends now... both as students, and instructors. I really do think this is the new wave of learning.

Comments

• BigdataEngineer
    Options

Congratulation!!!... Thanks for sharing and Inspiring us.

• Mufaddal
    Mufaddal Posts: 365 Community Champion rank
    Options

Congratulations ! Amazing growth . May I ask where are you building your community ? facebook?

• JocelynH
    JocelynH Posts: 1,536 Community Champion rank
    Options

Congrats @Ed_Foychuk
    ! Happy to see you & your courses doing well on Udemy. Thanks for sharing your tips too!

• JohannChristian
    Options

Congratulations from me, too, Ed.

Amazing start!

Regards

Johann

• Be2014
    Be2014 Posts: 1 observer rank
    Options

Thank you for sharing. It's motivating.

• Robert_Marzullo
    Options

Congratulations Ed! You're on fire man! :)

• Hadher
    Hadher Posts: 51 Community Champion rank
    Options

inspiring thank for sharing @Ed_Foychuk
    keep success

• Ed_Foychuk
    Ed_Foychuk Posts: 153 Community Champion rank
    Options

I owe a lot to you, man

• Ed_Foychuk
    Options

This community has been so awesome to me.

• Robert_Marzullo
    Options

You don’t owe me. You put in the work and made some great content! Keep it up! ;

• Robert_Marzullo
    Options

They are pretty cool!

• Dries_Ketels
    Options

@Ed_Foychuk

Congrats with your growth. Can you explain a bit more about your marketing and promotion strategy? I think that could be very very helpful for others in this community. You speak about facebook with a 5K follower count? I myself have on instagram and Facebook around 7K (both personal brand) but honestly if I would promote it their I think I would only get 10 students to actually buy the course. I just made my first course it's finished as of today and I'm struggling with the marketing promotion side that will become very important for the launch next week.
    I don't believe in the general tips (free coupons etc.)

The things I did so far are (strong copywriting and sales landing page that is oriented towards conversion, strong SEO, strong product as in just a very good course it took me a couple of months to make with professional cameras and sound of course). But I'm a bit afraid that this will not be enough to have a descent launch haha?

How much of your course results are organic growth? Should I go for a facebook marketing campaign of around 1000$ for the launch or something? (that would be my complete marketing budget for the next months haha)

• Ed_Foychuk
    Options

For my FB groups I...

produce a a fair amount of varied free content

offer VERY limited free coupons for those eager to test out new courses

try to promote discussions about the craft

upload a few personal things

have my course links/coupons pinned at the top

i also work on general branding through things like podcasts and larger group post reach.

I WOULD NOT invest any large sums into FB ads until I had a tried and true ad (demographic) that’s shown good returns.

• Dries_Ketels
    Options

@Ed_Foychuk

Thanks for your reply. I totally understand the FB ads thing. It's very hard to calculate your numbers if you don't have the customer lifespan...

On a different note. I'm very exited, my course is up for review as we speak and is probably going to roll out in 2 days.

• Ed_Foychuk
    Options

I’ve run a fair amount of FB ads... and it really took me some time to find the right mix to make money on them.

‘’Good luck!

• mtgingrass
    mtgingrass Posts: 10 Community Champion rank
    Options

What are some methods to "start" a facebook group? I am new to FB and have no brand on there at all yet. What are some of the ways to attract people to a group that has zero members? Do you start with adding some friends and family and let it grow from there?

Has anyone thought about creating a Discord channel? Or Slack?

• Ed_Foychuk
    Options

I start with established groups... building up a network and name there.

• Timmyc
    Timmyc Posts: 11 Community Champion rank
    Options

I have been engaging in forums in my nich and it's great to chat and network, this takes time of coitse. I find the Facebook groups are quite a tough nut to crack in my niche I feet advice to help other, be seen to help people with things. But most group owners do t want self promotion there.

Thanks for all the value.

Tim.

• Thor
    Thor Posts: 2,261 Community Champion rank
    Options

I started my own (no following, no name recognition) and published content every day.

I also joined similar groups on same content and started being helpful and answered questions, then I posted posts with backlinks to my own group, and after a few months of being helpful I asked the group admins if they were OK with me every so often post my own promos (1/20 ratio).

Over 1 1/2 years I have grown my own group to 8500 members, and most of my content is now recycled and auto posted.

Wordpress push to group for both new and recycled content.

• Thor
    Thor Posts: 2,261 Community Champion rank
    Options

Completely not true, there are many instructors who make a good living and then some on non-English course.

Countries where the currency has been devaluated obviously make less money, and if they are your target market then it will hit you harder.

That being said English is the largest market by far, but also most over saturated.