6 months in and hit 2K a month

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months in and hit 2K a month

Go to solution

Guys, there are some on here that feel it's already "too late". That the established instructors are entrenched, and it's impossible to make gains now. 

It's wrong. You just have to fight hard!! 

Screenshot 2019-06-03 15.20.08.png

I'm 6 months in now and making a decent monthly clip. It's not linear, and I expect more ups and downs in the years to come, but it's heading in the right direction. 

My simple tips, if anyone cares..

1. Put out a good product. Product and service come before everything else. 
2. Build a community off of Udemy. 

3. Listen to the ppl on Udemy making money. The vets are great at imparting wisdom.
4. Find what works for you in your niche. Experiment, and have fun with it. 

5. Don't expect Udemy to do the work for you. 

I've suggested eLearning platforms to a bunch of friends now... both as students, and instructors. I really do think this is the new wave of learning. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

And just a heads up... beat it again this month. This time without any self promotion (went on a long vacation/moved). So once you have that momentum, it gets a bit easier. 

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Go to solution

Congratulation!!!... Thanks for sharing and Inspiring us.

Go to solution

I love this platform and community. Hoping we can all grow together. 

Go to solution

Congratulations ! Amazing growth . May I ask where are you building your community ? facebook? 

Go to solution

Yes, I have two main groups on FB. One specific for me, and another larger general group. 5k and 40k

@Mufaddal wrote:

Congratulations ! Amazing growth . May I ask where are you building your community ? facebook? 

Go to solution

What are some methods to "start" a facebook group? I am new to FB and have no brand on there at all yet. What are some of the ways to attract people to a group that has zero members? Do you start with adding some friends and family and let it grow from there?

Has anyone thought about creating a Discord channel? Or Slack? 

Go to solution

I start with established groups... building up a network and name there. 

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

I started my own (no following, no name recognition) and published content every day.

I also joined similar groups on same content and started being helpful and answered questions, then I posted posts with backlinks to my own group, and after a few months of being helpful I asked the group admins if they were OK with me every so often post my own promos (1/20 ratio).

Over 1 1/2 years I have grown my own group to 8500 members, and most of my content is now recycled and auto posted.

Wordpress push to group for both new and recycled content.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

Congrats!

This is power of English. Only English courses can make this money. Because other currencies are not valuable. For example Turkish Lira. Almost all students of mine are Turkish. And my average revenue is 2$. In spite of that, I've made 12K $ since last year.I think I have to turn all my courses into English. Smiley Happy

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Completely not true, there are many instructors who make a good living and then some on non-English course. 

Countries where the currency has been devaluated obviously make less money, and if they are your target market then it will hit you harder.

That being said English is the largest market by far, but also most over saturated.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

Congrats @Ed_Foychuk! Happy to see you & your courses doing well on Udemy. Thanks for sharing your tips too!

Go to solution

This community has been so awesome to me. 

Go to solution

They are pretty cool!

Go to solution

Congratulations from me, too, Ed.

Amazing start!

Regards

Johann

Go to solution

Thank you for sharing. It's motivating.

Go to solution

Congratulations Ed! You're on fire man! 🙂

Go to solution

I owe a lot to you, man

Go to solution

You don’t owe me.  You put in the work and made some great content! Keep it up! ; 

Go to solution

inspiring thank for sharing @Ed_Foychuk keep success 

Go to solution

@Ed_Foychuk 

Congrats with your growth. Can you explain a bit more about your marketing and promotion strategy? I think that could be very very helpful for others in this community. You speak about facebook with a 5K follower count? I myself have on instagram and Facebook around 7K (both personal brand) but honestly if I would promote it their I think I would only get 10 students to actually buy the course. I just made my first course it's finished as of today and I'm struggling with the marketing promotion side that will become very important for the launch next week. 
I don't believe in the general tips (free coupons etc.) 

The things I did so far are (strong copywriting and sales landing page that is oriented towards conversion, strong SEO, strong product as in just a very good course it took me a couple of months to make with professional cameras and sound of course). But I'm a bit afraid that this will not be enough to have a descent launch haha? 

How much of your course results are organic growth? Should I go for a facebook marketing campaign of around 1000$ for the launch or something? (that would be my complete marketing budget for the next months haha) 

Go to solution

For my FB groups I...

produce a a fair amount of varied free content 

offer VERY limited free coupons for those eager to test out new courses

try to promote discussions about the craft

upload a few personal things

have my course links/coupons pinned at the top

i also work on general branding through things like podcasts and larger group post reach. 

I WOULD NOT invest any large sums into FB ads until I had a tried and true ad (demographic) that’s shown good returns. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors