April Feedback Post: Get and give feedback on your course here!

Options

Comments

• Bandalbhi
    Options

imageHI guys,

I need your feedback on this video.

the software I used: vediopad

• sbhatla
    sbhatla Posts: 5 Community Champion rank
    Options

Hi everyone, I'd love to hear what you think.

I had to combine a number of skills in producing this - a real learning experience for me. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

• @sbhatla

Production values here were high. Overall, I found your presentation a little flat. I'm a Udemy instructor (the target student) and I'm on the borderline as to whether I'd buy your course.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with the course,

---Brian

• sbhatla
    Options

Thanks, Brian, for the feedback! It's helpful.

• csking1981
    csking1981 Posts: 372 Community Champion rank
    Options

Hi;

I love it.It's intresting.

I think a softer backgroung music mabe be better.

Regards;

• sbhatla
    Options

Thank you, Musavi!

• mmumshad
    mmumshad Posts: 2 Community Champion rank
    Options

Thank you Alicia! Appreciate your feedback!

• AliciaPaz
    AliciaPaz Posts: 294 Community Champion rank
    Options

Hi,

Let me first start by saying I don't speak Arabic, so I hope someone else chimes in. That being said I was able to understand what your course was about in some detail and what I would learn if I signed up about seizures. The lighting is spot on, as is the framing and audio is sharp with no background, humming or other small noises in the background.

Also, I saw your post last week on re-shooting because you are a perfectionist. I do the same, I re-shoot almost every video 4-5xs and spend a ton of time on re-doing work. Let me first start by telling you the students like high-quality courses but at a certain point, I have come to realize that I am driving myself nuts in my own mind and with my own expectations and by now I could probably have 4-5xs more (quality) courses doing well then the 2 I have now I continue to re-shoot ad nauseam. This sounds great and looks great! Make the course, keep up the work, do some awesome marketing early and hit publish! Then repeat!

I will try to tag some Arabic speaking instructors I know, hope others can do the same to help gain more feedback.

Keep up the good work,

Alicia

• AliciaPaz
    Options

@YasserHassan90
    any additional feedback?

• Bandalbhi
    Options

thank you Alicia for your feedback.

you said ''audio is sharp with no background'' how can I solve this? is it by adding some background music or manage my microphone distant ?

• AliciaPaz
    Options

Don't fix it, it's perfect. I mean your audio is sharp w/ no background noise which is not only ideal but why I am working this moment at building a studio in my home.

• AliciaPaz
    Options

The floating words and people are very distracting and does not look professional or polished. I too am your target audience and at this point wouldn't sign up.

-Remove the floating opaque people,

-Remove the floating testimonials at the beginning

-Remove the click/typing noise.

I wonder if the start intro part should be moved back and it should start with what the course is and maybe very brief bio, "Hi I'm Susan Smith, a communication expert" before moving further in. Also, I would like to know about what qualifies you to teach this, drop some credentials like a mini bio.

The good: You have a great speaking voice, it's difficult to tell but the audio seems crisp beyond the clicking noise, I like the idea of more than one presenter (I presume those people are not just actors if they are removing them from the intro)

It has too much going on visually to focus on the content. Clean it up, keep it simple and good luck!

• ActuaryOnFIRE
    Options

Hi - this is the video on my landing page. It's a trailer for the whole course: "Create a kickass financial independence spreadsheet".

I wanted a high impact first video and would appreciate any advice on how to improve it and make it higher impact!

Thanks AoF

• MarkLassoff
    MarkLassoff Posts: 320 Community Champion rank
    Options

Way too much going on here. The video lacks a clear focal point at any given time and all of the background elements, between the words and disembodied heads, are massively distracting.

Not to mention: This is a course on body language and you have everyone framed so no body language is visible!

• Avril_Impacts
    Options

Hi there,

I recorded my first promo video. Yay!

The video is unedited, and I would appreciate your feedback. Watch my first promo here.

I want feedback on the following:

1. Lights

2. Content

3. Style

4. Time

Sound (Ps. I did use an audio recorder and did not sync it yet with the video - therefore the heavy sound) Still some feedback would be great!

Some tips o the overall video would be excellent too.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to watch the video.

Watch my first promo here

• csking1981
    Options

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page.

• Avril_Impacts
    Options

Hi, can you please try again. I changed the settings.

• csking1981
    Options

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.

• Sijal_Ahmed
    Sijal_Ahmed Posts: 239 Community Champion rank
    Options

I can see video there.

• Sijal_Ahmed
    Sijal_Ahmed Posts: 239 Community Champion rank
    Options

Take a look at the Phil Ebiner promo videos. I am trying to achieve that level of promo videos in my courses.

• Avril_Impacts
    Options

Thanks for the feedback.

What does that mean? I am enrolled in one of Phil’s courses. Do you have a link to a specific promo of Phil you are you referring to?

I am really new to this, and a bit more info will help.

Thanks

• csking1981
    Options

Hi;

Congrats.

It's really great and also you can consider these:

1. Lights -> Great

2. Content -> amazing

3. Style -> Great

4. Time -Great

5- Sound -> I thinks it's better to user another tie-clip microphone for better results.

and use Audacity to remove background noises.

6- Add some text titles and on screen text description for better look

7- If it's possible add some transition to your video

8-You can use the Corel Video Studio.It's really easy and cheap software.

Above were only suggestions and i hope best wishes for your promo video.

Regards;

• Bandalbhi
    Options

I love your way of presenting, amazing! Good vedio too with nice lighting and perfect background.

My comment is on audio .There is an echo and humming behind ur voice. It’s seems I hear you from a distance.

You might consider using a microphone.

I use lavilier microphone it’s around 20$ and doing the job

Hope this help, good luck

• Avril_Impacts
    Options

Hi Bandalhi

Thank you for your insight and advice on the video. Will work on it this week and send a revised version.

• sbhatla
    Options

Alicia, thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Somehow, I missed seeing your feedback until now, so I'm sorry for not replying sooner.

I agree with all your suggestions, and luckily, I made most of the changes you suggest.

Best, Sunil.

• sbhatla
    Options

Great observations, Mark! Thank you for your feedback!

• LawrenceMMiller
    Options

Brian,

I don't know whether anyone else said this, but I would definitely kill the music. It is very distracting. I think music in the first five to ten seconds and then fading out is good. But, to continue it all the way through is annoying.

I think Mark mentioned the color balance issue, and it is also the uneven lighting that leaves heavy shadows on your face. I suggest you just do a lot of experimenting to see what works best. I take my camera off auto white balance and set the K scale to 3300 and then adjust my bi-color lights accordingly. It took a lot of experimenting to get it right.

Also, I find the motion video behind you to be distracting. I would pick a more neutral background photograph that doesn't compete with you and your message.

I think we all struggled with these lighting and camera issues when we started using a green screen. But, if you take the time to do a lot of experiments you can get it right than just leave the setting alone!

• LawrenceMMiller
    Options

OK, a couple comments.

First, I generally think it is very good. I like the intro music and then fading it out.

Second, You have a very good speaking voice. You are very clear and enthusiastic and the audio recording quality is very good.

Third, I think the graphics are very good.

Fourth... this is my only suggestion for improvement... I think you should show yourself... get on camera so we can see who is talking. Some level of intimacy with the instructor I believe is important, rather than just a voice of slides. And, did you tell us what your background and credentials are? Maybe I missed it.

Overall, good job!

• Avril_Impacts
    Options
    Thanks, Lawrence, excellent feedback. I already incorporated your suggestion in the revised promo.
  • Avril_Impacts
    Options

Thank you for your great feedback. I am onto your suggestions.

Thanks once again!