April Feedback Post: Get and give feedback on your course here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Feedback Post: Get and give feedback on your course here!

Go to solution

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors on how you can improve your course content to be even better. Each month we like to provide a space for you to share your course content for feedback from the community.

Before you share your course content for feedback, check out our self-promotion policy and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!

Comments have been turned off for this thread. Please ask for feedback in our May Feedback Thread!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi;

Congrats.

It's really great and also you can consider these:

1. Lights -> Great

2. Content -> amazing

3. Style -> Great

4. Time -Great

5- Sound -> I thinks it's better to user another tie-clip microphone for better results.

and use Audacity to remove background noises.

6- Add some text titles and on screen text description for better look

7- If it's possible add some transition to your video

8-You can use the Corel Video Studio.It's really easy and cheap software.

Above were only suggestions and i hope best wishes for your promo video.

Regards;

View solution in original post

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

OK, a couple comments. 

First, I generally think it is very good. I like the intro music and then fading it out.

Second, You have a very good speaking voice. You are very clear and enthusiastic and the audio recording quality is very good. 

Third, I think the graphics are very good. 

Fourth... this is my only suggestion for improvement... I think you should show yourself... get on camera so we can see who is talking. Some level of intimacy with the instructor I believe is important, rather than just a voice of slides. And, did you tell us what your background and credentials are? Maybe I missed it.

Overall, good job!

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Go to solution

Hi;

I love it.It's intresting.

I think a softer backgroung music mabe be better.

Regards;

Go to solution

Thank you, Musavi!

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

The floating words and people are very distracting and does not look professional or polished.  I too am your target audience and at this point wouldn't sign up. 

-Remove the floating opaque people,

-Remove the floating testimonials at the beginning

-Remove the click/typing noise. 

I wonder if the start intro part should be moved back and it should start with what the course is and maybe very brief bio, "Hi I'm Susan Smith, a communication expert" before moving further in. Also, I would like to know about what qualifies you to teach this, drop some credentials like a mini bio.

The good: You have a great speaking voice, it's difficult to tell but the audio seems crisp beyond the clicking noise, I like the idea of more than one presenter (I presume those people are not just actors if they are removing them from the intro)

It has too much going on visually to focus on the content.  Clean it up, keep it simple and good luck!

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

Alicia, thank you so much for your detailed feedback. Somehow, I missed seeing your feedback until now, so I'm sorry for not replying sooner.

I agree with all your suggestions, and luckily, I made most of the changes you suggest.

Best, Sunil.

MarkLassoff
Community Champion

Go to solution

Way too much going on here.  The video lacks a clear focal point at any given time and all of the background elements, between the words and disembodied heads, are massively distracting.

Not to mention:  This is a course on body language and you have everyone framed so no body language is visible!  

Mark Lassoff

Go to solution

Great observations, Mark! Thank you for your feedback!

Go to solution

Hi - this is the video on my landing page. It's a trailer for the whole course: "Create a kickass financial independence spreadsheet".

I wanted a high impact first video and would appreciate any advice on how to improve it and make it higher impact!

Thanks AoF

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

OK, a couple comments. 

First, I generally think it is very good. I like the intro music and then fading it out.

Second, You have a very good speaking voice. You are very clear and enthusiastic and the audio recording quality is very good. 

Third, I think the graphics are very good. 

Fourth... this is my only suggestion for improvement... I think you should show yourself... get on camera so we can see who is talking. Some level of intimacy with the instructor I believe is important, rather than just a voice of slides. And, did you tell us what your background and credentials are? Maybe I missed it.

Overall, good job!

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution
Thanks, Lawrence, excellent feedback. I already incorporated your suggestion in the revised promo.

Go to solution

Hi there,

I recorded my first promo video. Yay!

The video is unedited, and I would appreciate your feedback. Watch my first promo here.

I want feedback on the following:

1. Lights

2. Content

3. Style

4. Time

Sound (Ps. I did use an audio recorder and did not sync it yet with the video - therefore the heavy sound) Still some feedback would be great!

Some tips o the overall video would be excellent too.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to watch the video.

Watch my first promo here

Go to solution

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page.

Go to solution

Hi, can you please try again. I changed the settings.

Go to solution

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page 

Make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.

Go to solution

I can see video there. 

Go to solution

Take a look at the Phil Ebiner promo videos. I am trying to achieve that level of promo videos in my courses.  

Go to solution

Thanks for the feedback. 

What does that mean? I am enrolled in one of Phil’s courses. Do you have a link to a specific promo of Phil you are you referring to? 

I am really new to this, and a bit more info will help. 

Thanks

Go to solution

Hi;

Congrats.

It's really great and also you can consider these:

1. Lights -> Great

2. Content -> amazing

3. Style -> Great

4. Time -Great

5- Sound -> I thinks it's better to user another tie-clip microphone for better results.

and use Audacity to remove background noises.

6- Add some text titles and on screen text description for better look

7- If it's possible add some transition to your video

8-You can use the Corel Video Studio.It's really easy and cheap software.

Above were only suggestions and i hope best wishes for your promo video.

Regards;

Go to solution

Thank you for your great feedback. I am onto your suggestions. 

Thanks once again!

Go to solution

I love your way of presenting, amazing! Good vedio too with nice lighting and perfect background.  

My comment is on audio .There is an echo and humming behind ur voice. It’s seems I hear you from  a distance.

You might consider using a microphone.

I use lavilier microphone it’s around 20$ and doing the job  

Hope this help, good luck 

Go to solution

Hi Bandalhi

Thank you for your insight and advice on the video. Will work on it this week and send a revised version.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors