April Feedback Post: Get and give feedback on your course here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Feedback Post: Get and give feedback on your course here!

Go to solution

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors on how you can improve your course content to be even better. Each month we like to provide a space for you to share your course content for feedback from the community.

Before you share your course content for feedback, check out our self-promotion policy and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!

Comments have been turned off for this thread. Please ask for feedback in our May Feedback Thread!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi;

Congrats.

It's really great and also you can consider these:

1. Lights -> Great

2. Content -> amazing

3. Style -> Great

4. Time -Great

5- Sound -> I thinks it's better to user another tie-clip microphone for better results.

and use Audacity to remove background noises.

6- Add some text titles and on screen text description for better look

7- If it's possible add some transition to your video

8-You can use the Corel Video Studio.It's really easy and cheap software.

Above were only suggestions and i hope best wishes for your promo video.

Regards;

View solution in original post

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

OK, a couple comments. 

First, I generally think it is very good. I like the intro music and then fading it out.

Second, You have a very good speaking voice. You are very clear and enthusiastic and the audio recording quality is very good. 

Third, I think the graphics are very good. 

Fourth... this is my only suggestion for improvement... I think you should show yourself... get on camera so we can see who is talking. Some level of intimacy with the instructor I believe is important, rather than just a voice of slides. And, did you tell us what your background and credentials are? Maybe I missed it.

Overall, good job!

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Go to solution

Hi luisrobertop;

Welcome to our community.

I wish the best courses for you.

I checked you video:

1- Your sound quality is good.

2- Your video qulity is good and must be >=720

3-Your delivery is good and also your good talking speed.

In addition you can send the test video to Udemy Great review team to check your video freely.

I tried it the Udemy review staff are really great !

Regards;

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

Let me start with English is my primary language so I will focus on the video beyond the words you are saying (Sorry hopefully someone else chimes in who if more fluent in Spanish.) 

-Your audio is fantastic, very clear, well paced and even I understood your words!

-The visual is a nice mix of visual and well done

-I always enjoy seeing instructors face at the beginning of their intro as well.

-Apologies again about the language piece but if this is an intro it's a bit long although that's a preference more than anything.  I prefer those to be 2-2.5 minutes max.

Overall especially for the 1st time this was great! 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

Hi,

Dear: Experts

I am creating my first course to publish on udemy and have done a Test Video which I've also sent to udemy team to get feedback on overall quality and would also appreciate if you could please give me your honest feedback on Video, Audio and Presentation quality and also help me improve it by providing your expert guide which I would highly appreciate. I'm building my course using following things:

MIC: Blue Snowball + (Pop-Filter & Boom Arm)

Screen Recording & Video Editing: Camtasia Studio 9

Audio Recording & Editing: Audacity

Can't wait to see your great feedback, thanks in advance!

Go to solution

Hi istuff360 ;

Welcome to our community.

I wish the best courses for you.

I checked you video:

1- Your sound quality is good.

2- Your video qulity is good and must be >=720

3-Your delivery is good and also your good talking speed.

In addition you can send the test video to Udemy Great review team to check your video freely.

I tried it the Udemy review staff are really great !

Regards;

Go to solution

Hi,

@csking1981 

Thank you so very much for your kind response and appreciation!

My Video is really in HD quality but don't know why it did not appear on udemy's provided Video Player in HD as on my side it seemed like a little low quality but i exported it from Camtasia in 1080P (1920x1080).

Anyways, really encouraging response which I highly appreciate and hope you also get much more success on udemy, thanks once again! 🙂

Note: I also have submitted to udemy's expert team to review as i did before which was passed and they only guided me to fix the audio which was a little muffled and they also provided me needed help to do it which I have improved a lot than better as much as I think now just waiting for their great response 😛

Go to solution

Hi;

Thanks for your inerest.

If your video quality in your hard drive is great so  you have no problem and the loaw quality is because of your connection speed.

If your vido quality in your hard drive is low so you must check your exporting settings.

Regards;

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey,

Sounds great.  The overall presentation is great, my only criticisms are that there isn't much visual until 16 seconds in and if this was an intro I might become bored looking at the screen or if I was hearing the audio I might think it froze.  As a whole, it is well done and I use almost the same setup! 

Good Luck,

Alicia 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

This was just a test video but I am definitely going to put a nice intro on startup for the rest of the whole course, thanks once again!

Go to solution

Here you are my first video, feel free to fire any observation.

Thanks in advance.

Go to solution

Hello All, this is for my new course. I'd like feedback on the video overall. Specifically about the things that I say in the intro, my language, any sentences that I can improve, audio quality etc. 

Go to solution

Really good for me, congratz

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

Really great work, it sounds good although there are moments it seems to get "deep" I wonder if maybe when you move your sweater hides the mic.  Visuals and use of green screen are perfect.  Your course seems to be robust.  What you will learn, who you are, etc are very clear.  

My only criticism which is very minor and maybe personal preference is it's very long, almost 10 minutes.  If I am browsing potential courses ideally 2- 2.5 minutes I may view before I add to cart, move to another course or dig deeper.  

Great work, you create high-quality courses, that is very clear!

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

Thank you Alicia! Appreciate your feedback!

Go to solution

HI guys,

I need your feedback on this video. 

the software I used: vediopad 

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi,

Let me first start by saying I don't speak Arabic, so I hope someone else chimes in.  That being said I was able to understand what your course was about in some detail and what I would learn if I signed up about seizures.  The lighting is spot on, as is the framing and audio is sharp with no background, humming or other small noises in the background. 

Also, I saw your post last week on re-shooting because you are a perfectionist.  I do the same, I re-shoot almost every video 4-5xs and spend a ton of time on re-doing work.  Let me first start by telling you the students like high-quality courses but at a certain point, I have come to realize that I am driving myself nuts in my own mind and with my own expectations and by now I could probably have 4-5xs more (quality) courses doing well then the 2 I have now I continue to re-shoot ad nauseam.  This sounds great and looks great! Make the course, keep up the work, do some awesome marketing early and hit publish! Then repeat!

I will try to tag some Arabic speaking instructors I know, hope others can do the same to help gain more feedback. 

Keep up the good work,

Alicia 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

@YasserHassan90 any additional feedback?

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

thank you Alicia for your feedback.

you said ''audio is sharp with no background'' how can I solve this?  is it by adding some background music or manage my microphone distant ?

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

Don't fix it, it's perfect.  I mean your audio is sharp w/ no background noise which is not only ideal but why I am working this moment at building a studio in my home.

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

Hi everyone, I'd love to hear what you think. 

I had to combine a number of skills in producing this - a real learning experience for me. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@sbhatla

Production values here were high.  Overall, I found your presentation a little flat.  I'm a Udemy instructor (the target student) and I'm on the borderline as to whether I'd buy your course.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with the course,

---Brian

Go to solution

Thanks, Brian, for the feedback! It's helpful. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors