Bad reviews

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad reviews

Iam just wondering why students who leave a bad rating dont answer the messages or start a discussion to elaborate more for them! They just complete 5% of the course leave a bad reviews without asking any question! 

25 Replies

I disagree. First of all, the courses all have preview videos. This gives the student the opportunity to assess the course before purchase and decide whether to buy or not. If, as you say, 10 min is enough to assess a course, the previews should do it. If they buy without using the previews, then 50% completion is realistic to give an honest assessment of the course.

But let's be honest here. In some cases, reviews are used for nefarious purposes. If not, why do so-called Udemy members try to sell reviews to instructors? I have been approached more than once. Also, why do I still have reviews over 4 months old?

All instructors can do at the moment, is accept everything as in most cases no comments are given and no replies are received when questions are asked.

In my humble opinion l think there should be a webinar on reviews and ratings because this is an area that only the Udemy professionals can give us the through picture of the review and rating system that they are operating with, and how it works. 

Today I got my first less than stellar review that seems extremely sus.

I had someone enroll in my course yesterday and write a review less than 24 hours later. Meanwhile, the course contains months worth of material and I can clearly see they watched maybe 33% of the videos.  What made it even stranger is they didn't even really write anything negative, lol.

It was my first and only review on that particular course.  Seems like they signed up with only the purpose of writing me a review, hmmm....

Most of the time they don't leave feedbacks which is a shame. At least you would be able to show your side of the story. To be honest I wouldn't let students leave reply without feedbacks.

I remember one guy left a feedback on my course saying "Good" and gave a two star rating. Stupid.

But there is another reason I think people may give bad reviews at the start and this is the constant popups for students to leave reply. I contacted about this Udemy earlier. I think it's just stupid to ask students for a feedback after watching only a couple of videos. 

Hello,

I would also like to voice my opinion on this subject. Just recently I released my first course, started to get 5 star reviews, but then I received a 3.5 star review with no additional feedback.

The student in question watched 5% of the course, which is 18 minutes, and I have ~35 minutes marked as "free preview". Does anyone else see the issue here?

Best,

Predrag

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors