For you awesome tech mentors(Full stack, web and etc)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ron
Researcher
Researcher

For you awesome tech mentors(Full stack, web and etc)

Can you stop making courses where you build one project over 50 hours of learning? As a mentor and as a student I have to say that a lot of people need to skip to certain parts and when you start your course and do a single project the entire time it makes it way harder to move and pick. A lot of people are self taught or college students or boot camp students looking to fill in gaps. I work with a bunch of college and bootcamp students helping guide them to the right places to learn things and when I bring up Udemy here is the biggest complaints I get

1. Most courses cover a single project the entire course.

2. There is not enough programming problems and projects. 

3. You tell what to use but not why to use it

Most of you are awesome at what you do, and you can just ignore this but I am just sharing this information with you because I get a LOT of complaints about it. And I face the same issue while trying to learn here. 

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly why I try to break my learning paths up into multiple individual courses that are less than 3 hours long.

Ron
Researcher
Researcher

You are right sir. I will definitely check out your courses then and pass them along for people looking for them. I tried not to offend anyone making this post but there is a lot of LONGGGG projects and people want smaller direct projects not only does it pound it in by building multiple things it also looks really good in a portfolio. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors