Full-time job

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full-time job

Go to solution

Is "Udemy" your full-time job? Or does it only benefit you as an additional income?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

@Niyazi HarmanbasiFor some instructors, Udemy is the main source of income. I have found a post that talks about this here maybe you can take a look at it.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

@Niyazi Harmanbasi - I do fairly well on Udemy but it's just a source of passive income for me. I have a day job and I work on courses when I feel like it. There is no way I would feel comfortable attempting to support myself on Udemy. It's way to unpredictable. And, every year Udemy is taking a bigger chunk of revenue for itself. So, my attitude is that I'll ride the Udemy wave for as long as I can but it could disappear at any time.

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

It has been my full time job since 2018, it is my main source of income. 65-70% from Udemy, the rest from my own hosting.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

6 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

@Niyazi HarmanbasiFor some instructors, Udemy is the main source of income. I have found a post that talks about this here maybe you can take a look at it.

Go to solution

It's not my main source of income. I do put in a lot of work however despite moderate success I do see a drastic decline in sales.

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion

Go to solution

Udemy is not my only source of income, but right, it is my main source of income, and I'm working on additional sources of income as well

Go to solution

I'm on my way to make Udemy my full-time-job 🙂 And I already dedicate HUGE amount of time to my courses besides all my other activities 🙂

Go to solution

@Niyazi Harmanbasi - I do fairly well on Udemy but it's just a source of passive income for me. I have a day job and I work on courses when I feel like it. There is no way I would feel comfortable attempting to support myself on Udemy. It's way to unpredictable. And, every year Udemy is taking a bigger chunk of revenue for itself. So, my attitude is that I'll ride the Udemy wave for as long as I can but it could disappear at any time.

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

It has been my full time job since 2018, it is my main source of income. 65-70% from Udemy, the rest from my own hosting.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.