Have you used Facebook's ads successfully?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you used Facebook's ads successfully?

Go to solution

It seems Facebook ads are not a good option from the profitable point of view, but maybe am wrong?

Has any of you experienced instructors used them successfully????

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Facebook ads don't work if you are trying to make direct sales with them. Most instructors here aren't marketers - they are instructors and profesionals in other fields. That being the case, they fail with social media ads because they try to drive sales with them - and that will almost never work, because people aren't on Facebook to buy stuff.

Facebook should be treated as cold "top-of-funnel" traffic, not warm/hot "bottom-of-funnel" traffic. Your goal should be to break even with Facbeook ads, because if you can do that, you are growing your Facebook groups, your email list, and your student list on Udemy (which you can market to over and over again via promotional announcements) for free.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Go to solution

I really really thank you for youe help.

However I can not access since am still in review process of my course...

So is there a possibilty to copy paste what is on those links... maybe...? Smiley Happy I know is to much to ask... biut no harm in asking... Smiley Very Happy

@CarstenMuessig wrote:

See https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/Facebook-Ads/m-p/520 and https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/Yes-Facebook-Ads-Are-Worth-it-Proof-Guide/m-p/10391

Go to solution

Access Denied

Go to solution

I found the answer here:

https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Plan-Your-Course-Marketing-Before-You-Publ...

"

17. It is a consensus of experienced instructors that paid Facebook ads do not work.

"

Go to solution

I'm glad I stopped by here today. I have learned something new.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Facebook ads don't work if you are trying to make direct sales with them. Most instructors here aren't marketers - they are instructors and profesionals in other fields. That being the case, they fail with social media ads because they try to drive sales with them - and that will almost never work, because people aren't on Facebook to buy stuff.

Facebook should be treated as cold "top-of-funnel" traffic, not warm/hot "bottom-of-funnel" traffic. Your goal should be to break even with Facbeook ads, because if you can do that, you are growing your Facebook groups, your email list, and your student list on Udemy (which you can market to over and over again via promotional announcements) for free.

Go to solution

Thanks beyond words !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to solution

Facebook ads tend to work out breaking even at best. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Depends on how you use them. Breaking even is a HUGE win...

Go to solution

I have tried FB but stopped and won't go back. When you stop to consider that, on average, you are going to earn about $4 for each sale you make (assuming you have Udemy market your courses for you), and most of your sales come from Udemy site wide sales or ad programs, advertising on FB just isn't cost effective. At least they haven't been for me. I've had much better luck on LinkedIn, promoting my courses in a specialized group, which is free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Yeah, trying to sell directly with Facebook ads doesn't work. That's the wrong use for them. 

Facebook = Top of Funnel

Go to solution

I suggest Linkedin.

@AKerdisei wrote:

It seems Facebook ads are not a good option from the profitable point of view, but maybe am wrong?

Has any of you experienced instructors used them successfully????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

LinkedIn is extremely expensive.

Go to solution

Well, posting in groups or on your wall don't cost anything.

However, the question is how effective this will be as it's kind of similar to Facebook postings.

I did Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter postings some time ago and found all of them ineffective = not worth the effort.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Although posting on your wall or in your group can be extremely effective (I've generated almost $1000 this month from Facebook posts), it isn't terribly scalable. Paid ads are scalable but you really need to know what you are doing when you use paid ads.

Most here aren't marketers.  If you have no actual marketing experience, paid ads are going to be challenging at best - and a failure at their worst.  

If you are trying to sell your course with a Facebook ad, you are doing it wrong.  That said, that doesn't mean Facebook ads aren't hugely effective when used properly.

Go to solution

Dear wolf2k19: Is there anyway you could recommend a Facebook expert to help me ?

Go to solution

Could you recommend someone to or somewhere to hire a fb marketer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Sorry, I don’t have any recommendations.  I do my own advertising.  

Go to solution

Wow!!!!!

Perhaps you should create a course about advertising Udemy courses, man!

Can you teach me? I will be more than happy to pay each lesson a good amount of money, I am being really

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I don’t have any recommendations.  I do my own advertising.  

honest with you. 

Go to solution

So maybe do you have some great amazing tips???????

For a colleague in need???????

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Sad 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors