How I created this large course of 25 chapters (process automation)

Options
2»

Comments

• AliShirani
    Options

@Michael_D_Nwaogu

JSON: I meant configuration (basic settings of batch processor NOT the muxer that replaces updated audio files), 2 major scripts practically. I will make it use windows INI files which has very less chance of error.

regards

• FettahBen
    Options

congratulation publishing your first course, Yes the video Editing is a panful process, I still struggling do that, but for me the hard work is to clean the mistakes and the Eh or the wrong and repeated words.

The noise remove and normalizing is easy for me as it take 30 second with audacity for every audio, the real process is on Camtasia trying the fix error and sync the audio with the video or the slide.

• Michael_D_Nwaogu
    Options

@FettahBen I can feel what you saying, brother. Rome is not built in a day really. Salute to the senior instructors, I must say.

• AliShirani
    Options

@FettahBen
    - Thank you so much for appreciation. Indeed it is continuous learning experience.

I am trying my best extract the pattern of noise profile within audios (using different tools), problem starts when you do not have silent portion in audio in the beginning. My second concern is boosting volume + enhance audio to studio standard (which adobe podcast does), I want to do all the stuff from command-line even if it produces 80%+ results it is perfect, we can tune it gradually. (Goal reduce said 30 seconds job to 10ms).

Kind regards

• AliShirani
    Options

@FettahBen
    @Michael_D_Nwaogu
    @goyashy
    @Robert_Hean

Can any amongst respected instructors please attach / send 5 seconds long audio that has noise ? for testing purposes (especially the sample that you may have later updated using audacity, I will need original noisy one), this research will benefit all of us.

Actually noise profile creation using SoX is not clear to me because the samples am testing my own samples that do not have noise at all.

regards

• FettahBen
    Options

The noise is not the same. Is is in relation about you mic and your atmosphere and you PC. For exemple a laptop with battery have less statistics noise than a pluging laptop. Some mic have noise reduction automatically and some has not.

Just start recording you voice in audacity and stay silent for 10 second. That 10 seconds is you noise profile.

• AliShirani
    Options

@FettahBen
    - Indeed, but "sox" can auto-detect (consecutive distortion chunks,) create a noise profile that mostly is correct with proper narration untouched. I did, and since I have filtered microphone I don't have this problem mostly except for requirement to boost volume. i just got a sample from web and reduced noise to absolutely ZERO. Let me someway attach samples (before & after) or upload somewhere and link here. I want this to be part of automation process (in fact no none goes in crowded market to record their lecture lol, but as far small noise, that I think can be reduced perfectly). Give a try to sox please Mr. Fettah.

regards

• AliShirani
    Options

Audio noise reduction process test results (public domain audio sample):

ORIGINAL : https://tinkle.wiki/original.mp3

NO-NOISE: https://tinkle.wiki/noise-removed.mp3

Will try incorporating this mechanism in automation.

@Michael_D_Nwaogu
    @Robert_Hean
    @FettahBen

• Michael_D_Nwaogu
    Options

Wow, @AliShirani
    besides the little decrease in the volume, which I think could be boosted up if needed, the background noise vanished. Nice one.

• AliShirani
    Options

@Michael_D_Nwaogu
    In fact boosting volume is not an issue, but the reduced volume you are noticing is due to noise gone. Thank you for review. Best would be if you guys can provide me real samples (although short).

Thank you

• FettahBen
    Options

I think that the "SOX" is a Linux command and I'm not a Linux gay,

For the example you share I got the same result using audacity by applying the noise reduction option as in this tutorial and just using the default values:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10FFKl_0GSA

From the example you share its look like you need another good mic to avoid that strong voice, I was straggling with my old mic too, now I'm using a good quality mic, getting a good voice recording plus auto noise reduction, meaning the mic record only my voice and not the entourage voices.

• FettahBen
    Options

For audacity noise profile you can get it from any part of the audio not just the 1st silent portion in audio in the beginning. you can select any part of the silent portion in audio and use it as a noise profile.

• AliShirani
    Options

@FettahBen
    - sox is cross-platform, I tested it on Microsoft Windows and sent you guys results. There are many software out there and best amongst those is audacity, but the thing is saving editing time and concentrating on publishing. When I have to record using OBS I won't be running audacity at the same time, it becomes confusing. I hope you get the point.

• AliShirani
    Options

I am talking about getting profile from whole audio collectively and intelligently which "sox" does automatically. Most importantly using command-line not GUI.

• Robert_Hean
    Options

Bit late on the reply, but that's a solid reduction in background static/etc!

I've managed to eliminate most of it via preamps, but if it can be done with scripts and cheaper equipment thats amazing.

• AliShirani
    Options

In fact am doing it win no cost boss ! Your response is appreciated.

• HelenGloria132
    Options

Thanks for sharing. I learned one or two things.

• DanMunteanu
    Options

Thanks for the idea of using Enhance Speech from Adobe! It was just what I needed for two of my lectures, the sound had background noise and I didn't have a good room noise print.

• AliShirani
    Options

My pleasure

• AliShirani
    Options

Yes it is a great tool. Am working on svox too, that is part of discussion, if you read through whole thread.