Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin_Slee
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

How many students do you have?

Go to solution

Hello fellow Instructors. For inspiration, I thought it might be fun to share student numbers. Plus any tips you might have on growing your student base?

15000 push Capture.PNG

Personally, I have been working very hard since christmas to hit my goal of 15,000 by end of april 2019. I have been active in many facebook groups, not advertising, but helping, offering advice and positioning myself as knowledgable in my niche. I have seen a lot of growth since I started this push (approx 300!). Many have come from organic growth, but quite a few have followed my social profiles back to udemy and ended up buying one or more courses.

What have you been doing to promote yourself and your courses? Share below.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

503E1620-FE4C-4116-BBF5-05590B4C7762.png

I agree with Jason in that your best marketing is a good product. I get a lot of word of mouth enrollments. Some things I've noticed that help:

1. Building courses that are adjacent to each other in topic. It's much easier to build user affinity if you have several courses that all meet their needs (if they like your first course, then they would also like x.y,z courses you offer) 

2. Making sure whenever you pick a topic, you know you can win the category. There's no point really in making the second best course on x topic

It's also worth thinking about what is unique about your teaching style. Is there something you do differently than other instructors? Thinking outside of the box can make the experience more memorable and share-worthy

View solution in original post

78 Replies

Go to solution

On my way to 20,000!  Working on creating more shareable content to speed things up.  I have a step by step eye illustration that went crazy on Pinterest.  It got over 80,000 repins and hundreds of students created their own version of the ART!  I noticed that I get a lot of traffic from students sharing their completed art and saying that my course content helped them as well.  Got to love free advertising! 🙂

IMG_3475.jpg

Go to solution

Thats awesome thanks for sharing your success

Digital Course Creator - Happy to connect with other instructors

Go to solution

50K, here I come!

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 16.59.56.png

Go to solution

You are really close to the next milesone, nice 🙂

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

So close.... I hope you are planning a celebratory event? Good luck 😉

Go to solution

I agree important to celebrate and mark those milestones - keeps you motivated 

Go to solution
Certainly a vodka or twelve! 😉

Go to solution

Great idea - count me in

Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

tenor

students FEB 2018.JPG

Mostly see new students from my Facebook group, but it really is the product that has to sell you. 
This week I saw a few reddit posts about how amaziballs my courses were and they helped the person pass their certification, that advertising is worth so much, that is how you grow fast. 

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

Can you tell me more about your Facebook group?

Go to solution

I'm really killing it. LOL

It's a start and getting better every day. Most of these are freebies. My course has been up for about 2 months.

2019-02-07_14-46-52.png

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

More than half way!! Keep pushing. I know you got this 😉

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 3.12.53 PM.png

Been on Udemy since January 2015.

Go to solution
Congrats on the 50000 milestone 🙂

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

I started in 2013 and left Udemy to self-host shortly after as I was teaching "live" and the feature was never made to fruition (still hope of mine to see it working!)  Left for 4 years due to life, work, moves, and 2 kids and now back so the numbers are mostly from the last year. 

I do a lot of social media interaction, podcasts, word of mouth and referrals from Psychiatrists.  I (almost) never turn down another respected person in my field wanting to chat, podcast, write an article, etc. for both selfish and selfless reasons.

Overall I think especially for my field, mental health being genuine and authentic is my best sales tool.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 12.02.08 AM.png

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Go to solution

Everything has a beginning and I'm still crawling around you rs...

Screenshot.png

Success to all!

-Rayan Maia

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

How are you getting on now? Any big jumps in enrolments?

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Today - I spotted 32,000 student friends! - I have two FB groups, a YT chanel and I am a very lazy blogger. Occasionally I tweet - my YT vids were automated to Twitter but they dont allow that anymore. Plus I send our regualr educational annoucements and one promo per month. I try not to be too active in the FB groups as I dont want to spread myself too thin! Luckily I have a great admin and she loves it. I dont think there is one measure to increase - I think it all works together in a relationship that looks after and feeds from each other. I have an ambitious desire to double my student numbers this year.

My best marketing is the amazing reveiws that students give me!Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 7.36.43 am.png

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

I'm interested in your Facebook groups. Can you tell me more about them?

Go to solution

11,900 but I think almost half were free coupons so really about 6000 which is still great I think. I'm very pleased with the results of becoming a Udemy Instructor

Go to solution
Just started... 300 and counting
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors