Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin_Slee
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

How many students do you have?

Go to solution

Hello fellow Instructors. For inspiration, I thought it might be fun to share student numbers. Plus any tips you might have on growing your student base?

15000 push Capture.PNG

Personally, I have been working very hard since christmas to hit my goal of 15,000 by end of april 2019. I have been active in many facebook groups, not advertising, but helping, offering advice and positioning myself as knowledgable in my niche. I have seen a lot of growth since I started this push (approx 300!). Many have come from organic growth, but quite a few have followed my social profiles back to udemy and ended up buying one or more courses.

What have you been doing to promote yourself and your courses? Share below.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

503E1620-FE4C-4116-BBF5-05590B4C7762.png

I agree with Jason in that your best marketing is a good product. I get a lot of word of mouth enrollments. Some things I've noticed that help:

1. Building courses that are adjacent to each other in topic. It's much easier to build user affinity if you have several courses that all meet their needs (if they like your first course, then they would also like x.y,z courses you offer) 

2. Making sure whenever you pick a topic, you know you can win the category. There's no point really in making the second best course on x topic

It's also worth thinking about what is unique about your teaching style. Is there something you do differently than other instructors? Thinking outside of the box can make the experience more memorable and share-worthy

View solution in original post

78 Replies

Go to solution

Great job it will just keep growing 🙂

Digital Course Creator - Happy to connect with other instructors

Go to solution
Exactly :). Thanks!

Go to solution

I have found the challenge is getting the quality return for your efforts. Having just launched two new courses the take up has been really positive to start with and then the numbers have dropped off very quickly and new reviews have been hard to come by. 

Everyone wants and needs positive reviews and numbers - for those, like me, who do not use Udemy full time where are the best threads for gaining quality students?

Thanks

Mike 

Go to solution

I  find contributing to social media groups is a good way to connect to audiences outside of Udemy.  Although this takes a lot of time and sometimes the results are not easy to measure.  I use Google Analytics to track the sources of where students come from and use that as a way to point me in the right direction.

GrahamNicholls
Community Champion

Go to solution

There are amazing numbers on here, I’m not in that company yet but will be!

Ive been on Udemy since Sept 2017 and have just crossed the 14000 student mark which I’m really happy with.

like so many others have said, the best marketing is top quality courses.

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

14000 is a great number! Well done 😉

Go to solution

It's been several months since you all shared your student numbers and marketing strategies. How's it going?

Are the same strategies still working for you? Or have you pivoted to a different promotional channel?

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

2,393students although about half sign up for more than one course.  

I don’t change much of what I do (not saying this is a good plan!) I have re done my website and am engaging more on social media with students.  I get a vast majority of my students via organic still and am hoping the updated website and some other business posts including post cast appearances change that. 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

Very cool. Keep us posted on how the website update works out for sales. I’d love to know 😉

FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

About to crack 300,000 students here (and I don't do free coupons.)

What works for me now is that same thing that worked 4 years ago when I got started... find opportunities to launch the first comprehensive, quality course in hot, emerging topics.  If you do that, the only marketing strategy you really need is to let Udemy do the marketing for you.

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution

Great advice! I’m going to try exploring a new topic too soon... 

Go to solution

I am happy with this figure.Smiley Happy

students.png

Robin_Slee
Community Champion

Go to solution
Wow! Very impressive. Keep up the great work 😉

Go to solution
Thank You @Robin_Slee

Go to solution

Great job keep going you are nearing the next milestone

Go to solution

Please help me.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors