How to withdraw withholding tax amount?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to withdraw withholding tax amount?

Go to solution

Can you tell me how should I withdraw the amount that has been accumulated in the With-holding tax section of the revenue report?

I am not a US resident nor living in the US.

Letstute
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @LetsTute To clarify a bit here, the US Internal Revenue Service requires that Udemy withhold tax from certain payments to instructors based on their tax status and the location of their students. To be clear, this is IRS tax that applies to income from US students, separate from any tax you owe in your country, this is a tax required of Udemy to apply as a US company. So your withholding rate will depend on the information you added to the tax form.

Please know the withheld tax amount you see in the revene share report cannot be withdraw, only you revenue share. For more information you need to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Team 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @LetsTute To clarify a bit here, the US Internal Revenue Service requires that Udemy withhold tax from certain payments to instructors based on their tax status and the location of their students. To be clear, this is IRS tax that applies to income from US students, separate from any tax you owe in your country, this is a tax required of Udemy to apply as a US company. So your withholding rate will depend on the information you added to the tax form.

Please know the withheld tax amount you see in the revene share report cannot be withdraw, only you revenue share. For more information you need to reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Team 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors