I am starting out here

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am starting out here

I need urgent answers and suggestions when necessary, I am a university student and need a side hustle job. I am pretty good at PowerPoint presentations and excel as well as fundamental mathematics and programming. My target audience is junior high school students, what do you suggest I start out with? And how can I excel in this road I am taking?  I need details from your experience.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out the marketing insights tool on the instructor course management page.

Opinion:

Udemy is saturated with the topics you mentioned. Doing it as a side hustle might not generate the desired revenues. There aren't many junior high students on Udemy. Considering a cramped market, longer time is needed for content creation and mixing with education, so Udemy might not be a good fit. Instead, you may explore shorter content platforms to understand content creation and revenue models better. I am being practical. Also, the courses don't sell at the prices mentioned; most classes sell under the deals program, yielding less income. You may build an audience first on the social media platform. That is the key to selling; as you might discover, that market is saturated too. Try posting 100+ reels without bothering about the likes etc., on Instagram. Tiktok, Shortz. Then you will have the most precise idea about your target audience.

I think this is the great start into this platform and I'm also new hear and hoping to hear from experienced instructors on how they started to make their courses stand out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors