I make my first $200 on Udemy

I Posted My First Course on Udemy in 2019 and Since Then I Have Posted 20 Courses but haven't Seen Much Growth.

So Far the Money I Have Earned from Udemy Is Only About 200 to 250, I Have More Than 42,000 Students, Most of My Courses Are Free, and Very Few Courses Are Paid.

It Is Frustrating for Me That I Have Worked So Hard and Created Courses but Still I Am Not Getting Any Special Reward.

gdhd.png

Comments

• Try Gaining skills into something that is more advance ..

• Hi msufyanali,

I concur with you.

My problem is I don't know how to connect my bank details like how they create the check out pages? Any hint will help me.

Thank you.

• Not just a matter of 2 years I have been making courses for the past 5 years

• RonErez
    RonErez Posts: 112 storyteller rank

What is your course topic? I have a feeling that maybe your topic is not in demand ?

• GuilhermeMP
    GuilhermeMP Posts: 390 mentor rank

Congrats! Nice job

• RonErez

Note that when you sell a course for free it's rather difficult to turn a profit. The number of students you have means absolutely nothing since most of them didn't paid for the course. My course with the largest number of students has made next to nothing because I made the mistake of giving out for free. On the other hand I have other courses that not one person received for free. They all do reasonably well.

• Hey,

I just want to inspire you and just highlight one more time that you are on the right way. Only hard work can lead you to new achievements. But one idea for you is to make sure that your free courses are ended with some invite to paid course. Make sure that after student completed your free course and in case they like it, they have opportunity to buy something more on this topic which will give them better learning experience and more knowledge. I hope this should help to increase finance indicators

Kind regards,

Andrey

• Nflight
    Nflight Posts: 7 researcher rank

This is very concerning- how is that possible? Are there no remedies?

• Hey, I checked your instructor profile. The topics of your course looks good, but some suggestions:

1. Try to avoid short courses. It's better take 2 months making 1 course of 10 hours, to 5 courses of 2 hours or less.

2. You could unpublish free courses with bad rating, It will increase your instructor rating (I think it's better for SEO in Udemy).

I hope it helps you.

• Veasna, M.
    Veasna, M. Posts: 164 storyteller rank

The same as mine. Keep fighting!

• thanks a lot, dear

I will try my best

• wix

canva

instagram

blogging

• RonErez

Yes, and of course good luck! I hope you do well and please accept my comments as friendly suggestions.

• RonErez

Very nice. Canva sounds very interesting. So does the rest.

Good luck!

• Hi @msufyanali
    Thank you for sharing your problem. I'm sorry your hard work didn't pay off. Frankly, I'm new to Udemy. But I know very well that, like many platforms, Udemy also attaches importance to viewing times. One of the biggest problems is that 16 out of 20 courses are free. I know well that many people say that creating a free course would be beneficial. Maybe that's why you created free courses. But you have so many free courses. The problem starts here: Udemy users usually enroll in a free course when they see it, even if it is not their area of interest.After watching a few lessons, they stop watching the course because it is not of their interest. So your courses are not reaching the right target audience because they are free. Thus, even if people take the course, they do not rate the course and do not comment on the course, and since the viewing time of the course is very low, Udemy recommends your courses less.

I hope your problem will be solved and you can make good sales.

• Very good review and valuable information for us.

• Saisulaiman
    Saisulaiman Posts: 12 traveler rank

I like the way you've helped this Instructor with your candid observations and recommendations. Keep it up.

• Hi, thanks for the explanation, I want to know one thing, I am very confused about this,

from the udemy website,

""

1. Sales occurring through instructor promotions: instructors receive 97% of the revenue when the student purchases their content using an instructor’s coupon or referral link.

2. Sales that do not occur through an instructor promotion: instructors receive 37% of the revenue for any Udemy sales where no instructor coupon or course referral link was used. These sales might occur after a user clicks on a Udemy advertisement, or browses the Udemy marketplace for courses.

""

So according to this , if anyone's course is sold by for example 200 students, and the course's price is $10, and there is no coupon or referral link, then will the instructor get (3.7 * 200) = $740 after two months (since there is 30 days money back) ? Is this the right calculation ?

or what am i missing here ?

could you please explain me this ? i would be grateful to you if you just let me know, thanks.

• RonErez

Honestly I'm not sure. I\ve noticed in the long run one receives roughly 4-5 dollars per sale where it's closer to 4. Buy I have received less than a dollar for a sale. I have no idea why. So I don't have an answer.

I would think that if someone has 1000 students that paid for a course then the instructor probably made roughly $4000 give or take.