Is video rendering time a piggyback time?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is video rendering time a piggyback time?

I have looked everywhere to get a tip on how to make my videos render faster, so that I could get done with editing.

All what I have read? Results not satisfactory!

Time is of precious importance to me.

Yet one wouldn't want to compromise on the quality of the video course materials.

Now.

A thought hit me...

As the computer does it's own work --within its capability, I wish I had a supersonic processor-- I could be doing some preliminary or  background work alongside.

On paper and not on the PC. That would slow  down things the more, I noticed.

You could do serious work, if you could maintain the mental ping pong and concentrate between both tasks.

With the occasional stealing of side glances at the monitor.

So far, it's feasible...

4 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Muyiwa, 

i usually do all my exporting at night before I head to bed, that way I don’t have to worry about it taking a while. Also, I usually export my files directly to a Dropbox folder which also uploads automatically as soon as the file is exported. 

If I have to do anything other than editing while the files are exporting, I usually just go on Udemy and start creating the course structure in the Curriculum section so that I can start assigning the videos once I’m done. Also, sometimes I use that time to record some more. I don’t record all my content at once, I just go in blocks of 1-2 hours at a time. 

Best of luck to you, 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Good to read this Greg.

Thanks.

Worthy to digest.

Challenge of intermittent electricity at my end though😁😁😁

Regards.

M

I used to edit a batch of videos and saved them as I went along then render them as I worked on other things or even if I was just relaxing at night watching something I would keep the computer next to me and just load the next video to render once the other one finished. 

When I got a better computer I could render two videos at a time and still was able to edit another one in the proccess. Therefore, by the time I finished editing one of the other two were done rendering and it was a smooth transition because I could not edit fast enough to have down time.  

At the end of the day one of the biggest mistake I made was not investing in a better computer earlier as I would have saved countless hours.  

Joeel!

Thanks.

Quite a lot if work, putting courses together...

@Joeel-Natalie wrote:

I used to edit a batch of videos and saved them as I went along then render them as I worked on other things or even if I was just relaxing at night watching something I would keep the computer next to me and just load the next video to render once the other one finished. 

When I got a better computer I could render two videos at a time and still was able to edit another one in the proccess. Therefore, by the time I finished editing one of the other two were done rendering and it was a smooth transition because I could not edit fast enough to have down time.  

At the end of the day one of the biggest mistake I made was not investing in a better computer earlier as I would have saved countless hours.  

Research.

Outline.

Scripting n editing.

Arrangement.

Recording.

Physical body Exercises.

Editing n Rendering.

Optimization for data size.

Sales Copywriting for Description.

Uploading.

Coping with exhaustion Post-Course Production.

😁😁😁👍

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors