It's taken a while but crossed $10k

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's taken a while but crossed $10k

Go to solution

Hi All,

Just crossed the 10k barrier. I've been on Udemy since June 2015 but for most of that time I only had one course up. You can see from the chart below..things only really took off in January 2018. On 25th January I had only earned about 1200 in total. That's when I doubled down. Over the first six months of 2018 I went from 1 to 7 courses - the graph tells the rest of story.

The message I'd have for anyone starting out is, if you put a course out there and it's slow going, don't be discouraged. You may just need to put more courses out for things to start humming. I find many students buy all of my courses in one go. So once a student likes your style, I think the key is having more for them to consume. 

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck.

SeánRevenueScreenshot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Great job!  I have a very similar story started in 2013 and considered giving up and then said to myself, just take the advice I keep seeing from popular instructors- make more courses! It feels so odd to make courses when for me I made $5 one month on one sale. Sure enough, my chart looks similar to yours now (haven't hit 10k yet.) I stuck to a very targeted group and added 3 more courses as of today with the same target audience.  I find 20% of my students now buy 2 of my 4 courses as well, which helps sales quite a bit as well.

Congrats again, now on to 100k 🙂

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Go to solution

Nice, congrats! And I agree about your conclusion: if students like your teaching style and material, then they will keep buying more of your courses. This is also visible in the difference in the number of unique students vs. total enrollments.

Go to solution

Congratulations Sean,

Wish you the best for the future! 

Go to solution

Cheers Mufaddal.

Seán

Go to solution

Congrats @SeanCarroll! Here's to the next 10K 🙂

Go to solution

Haha...absolutely! 

S

Go to solution

Congrats!! Man this is a good example!! Thank you for sharing!! 

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Go to solution

Great job!  I have a very similar story started in 2013 and considered giving up and then said to myself, just take the advice I keep seeing from popular instructors- make more courses! It feels so odd to make courses when for me I made $5 one month on one sale. Sure enough, my chart looks similar to yours now (haven't hit 10k yet.) I stuck to a very targeted group and added 3 more courses as of today with the same target audience.  I find 20% of my students now buy 2 of my 4 courses as well, which helps sales quite a bit as well.

Congrats again, now on to 100k 🙂

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
Shigeru_M
Community Champion

Go to solution

Congratulations! Really inspiring! 

Go to solution

That’s great. Congrats. 

Question though... where is that stat display page. Non of mine look anything close?

Go to solution

Hi Ed,

Since you asked, it's my own site, developed to visualise my own data but it's available for anyone to use, free of charge...https://www.instructorhub.io/

Seán

Go to solution

Congratulations! 

And thank you for sharing this valuable insight. 

Very motivating for first-timers :). 

Go to solution

Stick with it, the hard work pays off eventually! 👍

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors