Kudos to Larry Miller

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to Larry Miller

On LinkedIn recently @LawrenceMMiller (community champion) posted on “What is Your Net-Worth?” a discussion on how success in life should be defined. I have been interested in this question for sixty years. Larry’s response was profound. I wanted to share his wisdom with the Udemy community. This is it:

Contentment + Contribution = Net Worth

He then adds this quote:

“All people will have sooner or later to recover, for example, the capacity for contentment, the welcoming of moral discipline, and the devotion to duty that, until relatively recently, were considered essential aspects of being human.” The Prosperity of Humankind, A Statement Prepared by the Bahá’i International Community's Office of Public Information, 1995.

Half my courses address this question in various ways; with hours of lectures.

With simple elegance, Larry answered the question beautifully and accurately in four words.

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success
1 Reply
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you, @RobertBrown028 . Occasionally, an apparent wisdom emerges with random probability from a vast sea of foolishness. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors