Latest numbers from Udemy!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest numbers from Udemy!

Go to solution

Hello everyone! I’m excited to share that we have more than 40 million students who have access to over 30 million minutes of content on Udemy. More than 50,000 instructors are teaching 130,000 courses in over 60 languages. There have been over 245 million course enrollments to date. Our students and instructors come from 190+ countries and 2/3 of our students are located outside of the U.S. We also have over 4,000 enterprise customers and 80% of Fortune 100 companies trust Udemy for employee upskilling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

39 Replies

Go to solution

Thanks @JocelynH  for sharing

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thanks for Sharing!!!...

ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

Congratulations Udemy! Keep going up, up, up!

Go to solution

Many thanks for sharing!! And Congratulations for this great accomplishment!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@JocelynH ....

This sounds great....but....

Can you provide a further breakdown of the 2/3 that are from outisde the US? What percentage of that 2/3 is from countries where our courses are deeply discounted??

Go to solution

I dont know for sure but I think they would be

India, Brazil and Turkey making up the chunk .

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

That's what I'm afraid of.

Go to solution

Why are you afraid of them ? 

They ask too many questions? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

If most of that two-thirds comes from locations where my already-grossly-discounted courses need to be further-discounted in order to make sales (per the new pricing strategy), I worry about the impact that the new variable pricing is going to have on my bottom line.

Go to solution

Hey @Anonymous, I'm not able to share a breakdown of where our students are located. This shifts frequently. However, I can share that our students come from all over the world; our company is truly global, and we have students from Australia, Europe, Latin America, Japan, and so much more.

Go to solution

The 80 percent of F100. Are those UFB customers or companies ' employees who purchased a course on Udemy ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

I suspect that number reflects employees that have purchased. It would be great (and impressive) if that 80% were all actually UFB customers, but I'd be surprised. Hopefully @JocelynH can surprise me...

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

I am very sure that the 80% of Fortune 100 companies are UFB clients. If an individual purchases a course independently, Udemy does not know who they work for.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

They do if they register with a corporate email address...

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

Come on, Man! You think Udemy is going through emails to find corporate email addresses? 

Notice that this is one sentence: "We also have over 4,000 enterprise customers and 80% of Fortune 100 companies trust Udemy for employee upskilling."

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Lawrence....  A simple export of their student database would require 10 minutes of labor to execute.  It would take another hour to manually execute 100 searches for email addresses from a list of Fortune-100 companies.

Really, man...It would take less than 2 hours overall. Seriously.

And I'm not saying that's the case. I'm saying it's far, far, far easier to do than you seem to think it is.  If you automate this stuff with a database query, it could literally take MINUTES.

If they actually have 80% of all Fortune-100 organizations as clients, that would be AWESOME - but it's just as likely they have users enrolled from each of those organizations, rather than having them signed on as organziational clients.

Hence, the reason for the question being asked.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

I think the sentence is very clear the way it is written. It is 80% of "companies trust", not random individuals. Anyway... it isn't worth debating. It is what it is and its all good.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

If it's not worth debating, why are you debating me? The sentence would be far more clear if it said "80% of Fortune 100 companies are UfB customers" - but it doesn't say that.

What does "80% of Fortune 100 companies trust us" mean, exactly? Do they trust Udemy enough to allow Susie in IT to sign up for a single course? Does it mean that they signed on as a UfB customer?

Interpretation...  this is why the question was asked....

I'm not a customer of Udemy. I'm supposed to be a "partner". Marketing speak such as "80% of Fortune 100 companies trust us" doesn't work for me. I want data and concrete phrasing.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

You tell'em!

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors