Latest numbers from Udemy!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest numbers from Udemy!

Go to solution

Hello everyone! I’m excited to share that we have more than 40 million students who have access to over 30 million minutes of content on Udemy. More than 50,000 instructors are teaching 130,000 courses in over 60 languages. There have been over 245 million course enrollments to date. Our students and instructors come from 190+ countries and 2/3 of our students are located outside of the U.S. We also have over 4,000 enterprise customers and 80% of Fortune 100 companies trust Udemy for employee upskilling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

39 Replies

Go to solution

I would argue that is not really that clear, because it says "...trust Udemy for employee upskilling" instead of saying directly that they are customers.

GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

From Jocelyn below. 

The 80% number includes organizations where Udemy for Business is the corporate learning solution for the entire company, companies who have purchased Udemy for Business for specific teams, and organizations where at least 100 employees are learning workplace skills on Udemy.”

So... what Lawrence said, as very often the case. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Larry indicated that he was "very sure that the 80% of Fortune 100 companies are UFB clients."

Per Jocelyn, we now know that "80% trust Udemy" does not equal "80% are UFB clients", which is what the concern was - and why the question was asked.

Go to solution

Hey @StephaneMaarek, Udemy believes in offering companies and individuals diverse and flexible solutions to get the skills they need; these offerings include our enterprise and team solutions through Udemy for Business as well as bulk and individual purchases of marketplace courses.

The 80% number includes organizations where Udemy for Business is the corporate learning solution for the entire company, companies who have purchased Udemy for Business for specific teams, and organizations where at least 100 employees are learning workplace skills on Udemy.

GrahamNicholls
Community Champion

Go to solution

That’s great news and awesome growth!

Keep up the amazing work Team Udemy!!

Go to solution

I expect most of these numbers will DOUBLE after the new price change in September.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@JohnBura That would be good, because that would probably put me in a spot where I'd be earning as much on Udemy as my full-time job.

Go to solution

After the price change, you might be able to quit your job and go full-time instructor. I am betting that the price change is going to be THAT GOOD!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

That's the long-term plan. We'll see how it goes.

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

Why do you think that? Of course, that would be nice. But I suspect it is wishful thinking. A 10% increase wouldn't be bad.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Congrats udemy - keep up the great work!

ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

Some people are so negative.

You have to let whatever biases you have against Udemy go. You're wasting your own time posting here if you have such a negative opinion of Udemy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

It's not that people are negative, Scott. People rely on their Udemy income to make car payments, mortgage payments, and to cover other important life expenses. Udemy doesn't have a stellar record when it comes to changes, so when they are rolled out/introduced in a clumsy manner, people get concerned. That's not being negative.

To be completely honest, I see no evidence of ANY negativity in this thread whatsoever. Just people trying to get clarification on some "less than clear" statements.

If this forum is intended to be for cheerleaders only, Udemy should state that. Until then, I don't see anyting wrong with having hard discussions and raising real issues here. Is that not what a forum is for?

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

To Udemy's credit, they are listening to us. Our reactions and our questions are being consulted on by the team responsible for these changes. So, I think our questions and our concerns, all of which are legitimate, are resulting in consideration in their decision making. 

It's all good.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Agreed. Sure, some of these discussions can be contentious and uncomfortable, but if it results in Udemy hearing us, the forum serves it purpose. 

Go to solution

That's Awesome, Udemy always supports Instructors and students, It's the best platform I have ever seen. 

Go to solution

This is wonderful, awesome, very exciting

Congratulations Udemy, i am proud of being part of this great community

MikeM
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

@JocelynH 

Great, but  the 10 mil+ increase has not resulted in increase of revenue (in fact i am seeing the reverse). i have seen most other instructors complain recently except for those who have already been making thousands. Do yo expect change to this downward trend soon? 

Go to solution

Very inspiring statistics, meaning I am a member of a very big family. I am proud to be a member of the Udemy Family or Brand. JocelynH, thanks for taking your precious time give us this inspiring statistics. Keep it up!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors