Marketing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing

Hello all 

I am new instructor on udemy and published one course last week. It is free and has 600 enrolments till now. Kindly let me know, this time is right to make it paid now.

My second course is almost ready.  Thanks 

4 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GowharAli009, welcome to our community, we're so glad to have you with us. Congratulations on your recently published course! 

I'm bumping your post in hopes to get some replies from your fellow instructors. In the meantime, you can check out this article and this post for some helpful tips on defining your course price. 😊

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @GowharAli009,

When I started on Udemy, I also used the same strategy as yours. In the first few days, I kept the course as FREE, then changed it to a paid course. I later realized this strategy did not work well. Here are a few of my learnings:

1. Most students who take the FREE course hardly convert to paid students. They also rarely complete the course.
  2. Students who get the course for FREE seldom leave a review. If they do, then it is a 1 star, 2 star review. They do so because they are NOT invested. They have not paid for the course.
  3. Your enrollment to review ratio takes a hit. For example, if you have 20,000 students enrolled and only 100 reviews, that's is 0.5% reviews of total students. In this situation, new students who visit your course landing page would find it suspicious. The question is, "Why does this instructor have so many students and so less reviews?"
  4. Your course will get the Best Seller or the Hot & New tag only if it is a paid course.

So, after learning these key points, I changed my strategy and kept all courses, strictly paid. I have only one course that is forever free.

Now that you have 600 students, I think it is a good time to convert it to a paid course. With paid courses only, your start may seem slow. However, you will have students who are invested in their growth. These students can become your raving fans and contribute to your success by purchasing your courses regularly.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps. Wish you good luck! 🙂

thank you so much for your detailed guidance. I will implement your strategy now. I will in contact with you in my future projects. 

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Sounds good. You take care @GowharAli009 and all the best! 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors