Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Meet Salil Dhawan - Community Champion Spotlight

Hello Instructor Community!

We are excited to bring you another Community Champion Spotlight. Over the next few months, you will get to know some of the community’s most active instructors on a more professional and personal level.

Bella_0-1637168485529.jpeg

This week we are putting the spotlight on Salil Dhawan who has been teaching Business & Sales on Udemy for just 9 months and was newly inducted into the Community Champions program earlier this year.

Get to know more about Salil in our interview below:

Who is Salil Dhawan? 

I am a serial entrepreneur whose passion in life is Business. I graduated in Business Administration from Boston University and now live with my wife and puppy in Gurgaon, Haryana, India.

What is your teaching style?

Combine business school theoretical knowledge with real world experience. The greatest learnings in business come from failures and real world problem-solving, and that is the knowledge I incorporate in my teaching style.

What is one thing you wish that every NEW Udemy Instructor knew?

Udemy will take a lot of time and dedication. There are a lot of instructors creating a very high level of content, to beat the best you will have to be the best.

Can you share your favorite experience/interaction with a student?

I have inspiring interactions as my assignments are very open-ended and subjective. My students discuss their business with me in their assignments and many times end up completely rethinking their business. 

My favorite experience is when my students have a mindset transformation and reimagine their entire business. This impact my courses have on lives inspires me.

If you didn't teach on Udemy what would you be doing?

I currently run multiple businesses. I keep facing problems in those businesses, solve them and then teach the solutions and experiences in my courses. My businesses make me and my courses relevant.

What is your favorite thing about being an online instructor?

The ability to impact lives. I am changing lives globally, boosting their sales, helping them grow their business, achieve success, and realize their potential. That is extremely powerful and my favorite thing about being an online instructor.

Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island?

Logical answer - Bear Grylls, he would give me the best chance of survival.

If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?

None, I have all the powers I want.

Have a question for Salil? Ask him in the comments below!

11 Replies
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank You @Bella 

If anyone in the forum has any questions, I would love to answer and help them!

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Nice to meet you here @Salil Dhawan.. Looking forward to your continued success! 🙂

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion

Thank You @Rahul Iyer ! Hope you are having a great Black Friday Sale!

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

Going fine @Salil Dhawan 🙂 How about you? This is probably your first Black Friday. I am sure you are thoroughly enjoying it! 😊

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion

Yes @Rahul Iyer  It is a unique experience, constantly refreshing and seeing the growth! The exciting thing is that while during regular days only 2 on my courses sell, during sale I am seeing some amount coming from all 8 courses! What about you? How is your sale going?

Rahul Iyer
Community Champion

I fully agree. I have set a Cha-Ching (Cash Register) tone on my phone for the Udemy app. Every time a new course is purchased, the phone rings. During this season sale, the phone rang several times. The excitement of earning each dollar is same as it was when I started my Udemy journey 🙂

Nice to meet @Salil Dhawan, congratulations.

Hello Salil

I am an online Yoga Instructor and also from Gurgaon and first time creating course on Udemy.

I may need your help in this journey...😊

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion

Hi Deepika

Congratulations on starting on your course creation journey.

I would absolutely love to help you out so feel free to reach out.

Thank You

Salil Dhawan

Hello  nice to know you 

Salil Dhawan
Community Champion

Hi

Nice to know you as well.

Feel free to reach out in case you have any questions.

Wish you all the best

Salil Dhawan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors