Motivation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motivation

Go to solution

I have been on Udemy 2 years now my 11th course is coming out soon. I am happy with my performance in terms of money now regularly 600 to 800 dollars month. I think this will increase to 1000+ a month after the Nov Dec Jan window as this seems to rise my baseline by a few hundred dollars.

But now feeling a little tired and my motivation levels are low. It can be a bit of a lonely business at times (creating courses).

Anyone else been in this position  of low motivation levels and how did you deal with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi!

Sometimes you need time to rest from creating and let the new to come!

And then your motivation comes back🦁🐘❤️🙏

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Go to solution

thats great, i hope i will be earned too 🙂

Go to solution

Levels of low motivation and dry periods are normal. Leep going! Inspiration and content creation can often comes in waves and its sometimes important to sit back and rest for a while before getting back into research and development and content creation. If you've done 11 courses already the well may be running a little dry in terms of topics you can teach about personally so collaborations and taking time to explore new topics areas can be a good idea. I've done around 15 coures now and make a good living from Udemy, but it wasn't like that in the beginning.. there were times when my girlfriend would say things like "isn't it time to stop doing more Udemy courses now?".. but I persevered...  Udemy is a long term project, you need a lot of courses and often a few bestsellers to make it work.  

Go to solution

I agree with you 100%. The sky is the limit go for it. You never know which one will give you the high score until you create it. All the best. 

Go to solution

@RossMcGowan 

I use the following cycle...

Think of some gear that would dramatically increase the quality of your courses.

Buy it > Feel compelled to use it > Produce (even better content) > Recoup costs with sales.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors