New Year’s resolutions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year’s resolutions

Happy holidays, instructors!

2021 is almost here - I know many of us are looking forward to starting the year strong by tackling a challenge and completing a professional goal. What are you looking to accomplish in 2021? Will you publish a new course? Update your old courses? Or maybe you want to revamp your marketing plan? Let the community know what your goals are for the coming year and how you plan to achieve them in the comments! 

We wish you a happy and healthy new year; here's to a successful 2021 with the help of this supportive community!

loading-bar-5514289_1920.png

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
9 Replies
GuilhermeMP
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

This is symbolic to me because Jan 1st is my birthday. In 2021, i intend to launch a new course (which I'm working on but won't manage to complete it until Dec 31), and I also have ideas for other 3-4 courses

Hey @GuilhermeMP, wishing you an early happy birthday! Smiley Very Happy It's Dec-31st, how's that course going? Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
GuilhermeMP
Community Champion

Thank you very much Abbie. I'm almost finishing the slides (they have a lot of figures, animations, etc). When they are finished, I think I'll be able to record and edit the classes within a week.

Glad to hear that, @GuilhermeMP! Best of luck with your course, and hope you're having a healthy and happy birthday! Smiley Very Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
SharonRamel
Community Champion

Happy New Year @Abbie  and the Udemy team.

This year I will publish two new courses and update one of my older ones. (This is a standard pattern for me that will only change if and worthy collaboration comes along)

I have just passed 50,000 students - which is great for shamanism - spreading the wonder of it globally. Am hoping to see that student number start to accelerate!

I will be more mindful of my social media connections and making them work more actively for me in 2021!

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Sounds like a solid plan! Congrats on the 50K student milestone, it is indeed a great achievement.  Wishing you the best, @SharonRamel. Happy new year! Smiley Very Happy

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Happy New Year to everyone and a big thanks to the Udemy team for such an amazing opportunity to scale my courses. 2021 for me and my goals to manifest are 

25,000 students. (16k as of jan 1st)

7 new courses

10,000 reviews (6k) now 

Take my avg rating from 4.8 to 4.85

To continue to help people help themselves love a happy, healthy, balanced spiritual life with clarity and purpose. 
Good luck to everyone in 2021 and let’s all work towards changing lives through learning x

Hello out there!!

My goal should be to revamp my marketing plan.  Considering there are over 1700 enrollees in my introductory free course so far, I would think there would be some enrollees in my other courses by now, however, no one has enrolled in either of my paid courses, which are the next two levels of the content covered in course 1.  Is there a way to find students specifically interested in paying for courses? (these courses are minimally priced at tiers 1&2)  It seems promoting a free course is easy, however, I would think the students enrolled in the free course would want to move up into the next few courses if they enjoyed the first one.  Especially since many of them are enrolled in more expensively priced paid courses.   I've promoted all three courses on various social media, created coupons and promotional announcements, sent emails to my current students reminding them that feedback is important and asking them to take a moment and review the free course, I've let them know there are new courses up, and still not getting enrollments for the paid courses.  Is there a way to market directly and exclusively to students interested in investing in themselves?

I planned to make a video review of my course performance in 2020 with Udemy Digest and monthly update but I realized that I didn't receive that kind of update anymore! Why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors