Old lecture/new lecture - share your improvements over time!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old lecture/new lecture - share your improvements over time!

Hi instructors!

We were talking on the community team about how interesting it is to see the same instructor (and sometimes even the same course) improve over time. 

Do you have any examples of "old lecture vs new lecture" that show how your teaching has improved in quality since you first started out?

Share them here! It's a #UdemyGlowUp (hashtag credit goes to @AliciaPaz )

James

P

2 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Here's my before/after in the same video. About a 6 months difference between the two. Different A/V equipment all around, and different lighting on the green screen.

Before: DJI Osmo with Blue Yeti, and my desktop as a telepromter (very close to my face). The green screen was lit with the same lights that light my face. 

After: Panasonic GH5 with Sennheiser MKE600 mic on a boom, a dedicated teleprompter and dedicated lights for the green screen. 

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

2013: I had a business partner for context, we followed along pretty much reading from a book and was really stiff.  The audio wasn't so bad and I did use a DSLR camera but overall it was a mess.  I almost feel bad for our first 100 students who paid for this mess- also I look diff as I was 36 wk pregnant

2019: Same topic, better quality overall and not reading from a book.

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors