Overcoming Fear

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcoming Fear

Hello community, I'll like to ask how you overcome the fear of getting started in a new field or business.

4 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Joshie, that's a great question! Some instructors have discussed this before here and I know our champion @SharonRamel is always super helpful with her tips for new instructors, so I'm tagging her in case you may want to ask any specific questions. 

Is there anything in particular that you need help with? Are you planning on publishing your first course and unsure how to get started in a brand new field? Let us know and we'll be happy to help! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Help Bella,

You got it spot on. I'm planning on publish my first course but don't know how to go about it. Any hints or tips?

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Some tips @Joshie is to ensure you are well prepared.

• Do your research on who are the top instructors in your genre. 
  • Practice everyday getting used to being in front of the camera - film yourself for 5 minutes and watch yourself afterwards. This way you will get used to seeing and hearing yourself.
  • Ensure you enrol in and complete Udemy’s free how to create a course
  • Look beyond Udemy with your genre, what are others doing in your field that makes them stand out?
  • You want to create a course that stands out - thus being prepared helps overcome fear.
Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Thank you Sharon.

This was immensely helpful.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors