Revising or recreating your course content gives you a better outcome.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revising or recreating your course content gives you a better outcome.

Go to solution

I have to admit the statement is right in so many levels

Yesterday I tried revising one of the sections (single video) in my course. The results were beyond expectations (which was the implied hypothesis). 

The point: When you revise a section of your course, whether it's audio or video you will improve from the previous version. 

My call: Always consider re-recording your audio or videos occasionally. This will not only improve the quality of your course. It also opens new opportunities to include relevant content that you might have missed. 

Let me know if you have heard similar experiences. 

Or 

You are going to give it a try. It is so fulfilling makes everything feel so good and new. 

PS: Wishing you a very Merry Christmas surrounded by your precious family, and many blessings for the coming year. 

May peace, love, and prosperity follow you always. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Agreed. I've re-recorded a few of my old courses when I had shitty audio equipment. I don't know if that really translated into higher ratings or more earnings, but I feel good about it, the courses are better now for the students, and it was the right thing to do.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Go to solution

Agreed. I've re-recorded a few of my old courses when I had shitty audio equipment. I don't know if that really translated into higher ratings or more earnings, but I feel good about it, the courses are better now for the students, and it was the right thing to do.

Go to solution

I am so much excited that we also went an extra mile to ensure that you give the best to your students.

Also, I don't know how you do it, but other than submitting the test video to other instructors, I also allow my friends to give me their feedback. 

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

In my experience, updating a course won't result in an immediate increase in sales or ratings. But it's a longer-term thing; as Udemy becomes more competitive, your courses need to remain better than the new courses that are emerging in your topic if they are to survive.

And there's a certain peace of mind with knowing that your creation is as good as it can reasonably be.

Go to solution

I made a lengthy post after seeing you end with 'everything' which I assumed meant entire courses rather than the total of all updated sections.

Since some courses are 20+ hours in length, I thought that was a bit bold, but realized you said 'sections'.

Granted those can be long, though not as brutal as having to dedciate time to updating full courses.

All the best for the New Year! Smiley Very Happy

Go to solution

Yes, I meant sections, not the whole course

Go to solution

Thank you for this tip!! Will keep this in mind. Hope you had a wonder Christmas and a wonderful New  Year.

Go to solution

That is great, I had a great holiday! How is your 2020?

Go to solution

Sure! I published my own book, I just changed the cover design, it changed the result nearly immediately!

Go to solution

Wow! that's huge. 

@RyanHolmes576 wrote:

Sure! I published my own book, I just changed the cover design, it changed the result nearly immediately!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors