Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Tips for Instructors: Who Want to Start YouTube Channel

Hi Everyone,

As per my experience using YouTube, I would like to share some tips to get started with the YouTube channel:

Thumb Rule: Initially, you may not get a good response like views or subscribers but don't give up.

Keep publishing the videos with quality content, you definitely get a good response.

1. Start with giving the best name (brand) to the YouTube channel
  2. Focus on voice and video quality - buy a good mic, camera, and video editing software
  3. Optimize your videos for search and SEO - give SEO-friendly title and description for your video.
  4. Promote your videos on social media - Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram
  5. Make sure to reply to each and every comment in the video
  6. Ignore all the negative comments and dislikes - don't be distracted, focus on your goal
  7. Don't put the long intro in the videos - don't promote yourself multiple times in the same video 
  8. Keep publishing videos at least 2-3 videos a week.

Once you will build enough audience on YouTube then go ahead and promote your Udemy courses 👍.

Thanks,

Ramesh

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great tips @Ramesh Fadatare, thank you so much for sharing! 

We're currently working on a community knowledge base and I would love to include your post as a resource for other instructors if you don't mind? 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion

@Bella - Yes, you can include.

AtilSamancioglu
Community Champion

What do you think of YouTube shorts? I never used them but i see many people encouraging creators to attract more people into their channel. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors