Two poor ratings in two days...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two poor ratings in two days...

Go to solution

Good morning from sunny Arizona 🙂

I woke up to a notification that someone had left a 1 star rating without any comments.

I understand that not everyone will love my course however a couple of days prior, I received a 2.5 star rating from the same geographical region.

May I add that I currently have a 4.1 rating. 

This drew a little red flag for me, so I reviewed my students' course engagement and made some changes to the description to advise that these techniques take practice before one may experience improvement. 

This is so frustrating especially when the student doesn't ask for assistance or respond to any recommendations. 

Thank you in advance for sharing any advice.

Warmly,

Alisa Fierro 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

I understand, bad ratings can hurt a lot especially when your course doesn't have too many ratings. In fact, my first rating for one of my courses was 1. Yes, my first review for that course was a 1 star, I was about to unpublish the course when, guess what? I got 4-5 5 star ratings 🙂 So don't worry if your content is good, those 1 star ratings will definitely be nothing against all the good 5 star reviews that you will get. Good luck!! 

View solution in original post

Go to solution

DYay2810,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience.

Wow, I started to feel like I should unpublish my course until I read your message!

Your response has been very helpful, I will press on!

With gratitude,

Alisa

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

I understand, bad ratings can hurt a lot especially when your course doesn't have too many ratings. In fact, my first rating for one of my courses was 1. Yes, my first review for that course was a 1 star, I was about to unpublish the course when, guess what? I got 4-5 5 star ratings 🙂 So don't worry if your content is good, those 1 star ratings will definitely be nothing against all the good 5 star reviews that you will get. Good luck!! 

Go to solution

DYay2810,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience.

Wow, I started to feel like I should unpublish my course until I read your message!

Your response has been very helpful, I will press on!

With gratitude,

Alisa

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors