Udemy entering China

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Udemy entering China

Go to solution

Hi @Bella , 

I have noticed Udemy's post at LinkedIn announcing some moves towards Udemy entering Chinese market. 

Link: http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202212/17/WS639cf975a31057c47eba4d3b.html

Please, could you tell us more about it?

Is this going to be just for UBF at first, or it will be valid for the Marketplace as well?

What would be some expected dynamics? Etc.

Thanks in advance,

Boris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @Boris035, I apologize for the delay in responding here, but to confirm, our current focus is on expanding the Udemy Business program in China.

The development of this expansion is still at a very early stage, so we are not able to share any further information about it. However, we will certainly share any updates with the community once we do. Thank you once again for your inquiry!

Bella Almeida 

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @Boris035, thank you for asking about this. I have forwarded your question to the appropriate team in order to get more clarification about Udemy's entry into the Chinese market. I will be reaching back out once I have an update. 

Thank you for your patience!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @Boris035, I apologize for the delay in responding here, but to confirm, our current focus is on expanding the Udemy Business program in China.

The development of this expansion is still at a very early stage, so we are not able to share any further information about it. However, we will certainly share any updates with the community once we do. Thank you once again for your inquiry!

Bella Almeida 

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

@Bella Please keep us updated. My course on udemy for business has 6 students from China and 23 from Singapore. Most are from USA and India. This got my wheels turning as I’m in a women’s group with a lady from China. She is doing some marketing for our group and she showed me the WeChat platform that she is an influencer with 1.1 M followers. Whew …..I’m curious how many students are fluent in English and how the students are reacting to the course. Big favor for me to ask her to plug my course ……

Go to solution

Hi @Bella , thanks for the clarification and a proper feedback. We all hope the China expansion will work well for all of us.

Regards,

Boris

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors