Website redirecting to some other website

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website redirecting to some other website

Go to solution

Hi,
When i type udemy.com on my browser(updated chrome), it gets redirected to this website easyfun.biz and then it redirect again to some other website and then back to udemy.com automatically.

Please let me know if this is a serious issue or something which is done by udemy.
Thanks
Untitled.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Sounds like a virus, spyware, or something. Check your Chrome extensions and do a virus scan. I don't know exactly what that site does, but my guess would be that it sets an affiliate cookie before redirecting you back to Udemy, or some even more shady stuff. Anyway, you have something bad on your system! 😉 

View solution in original post

Go to solution

I am attaching a screenshot of how i fixed this problem. Someone facing the same problem can try to fix it in the following way.
First you can download any good antivirus/anti-malware tool to have a quick scan.
Second open chrome advanced settings and reset settings as shown by an red arrow. 
I did this two steps and it solved my problem. 
Thanks
Screenshot_1.jpg

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MeryMejia
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Bibhatsu, our page doesn't redirect to any other site, it may be one of your extensions on your computer if you have other questions you can contact our team at instructorsupport@udemy.com they'll be happy to assist.

Mery Mejia

Udemy Community

Go to solution

I will try to disable extensions and check.
Thank you for your reply 🙂

Go to solution

Sounds like a virus, spyware, or something. Check your Chrome extensions and do a virus scan. I don't know exactly what that site does, but my guess would be that it sets an affiliate cookie before redirecting you back to Udemy, or some even more shady stuff. Anyway, you have something bad on your system! 😉 

AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi Bibhu,

I think the issue is your computer system is infected with malware. Please check and run some good antivirus. I hope that will solve the issue. 

Thanks!

Go to solution

I am attaching a screenshot of how i fixed this problem. Someone facing the same problem can try to fix it in the following way.
First you can download any good antivirus/anti-malware tool to have a quick scan.
Second open chrome advanced settings and reset settings as shown by an red arrow. 
I did this two steps and it solved my problem. 
Thanks
Screenshot_1.jpg

Go to solution

Hi,

Since this year I face this problem in Google Chrome (I'm not sure if this happens in other browsers), however, it only happens with Udemy.

Last month I got this fixed by resetting Chrome to defaults and disabling some extensions, however, yesterday it failed again, but redirecting to 'pinkrose info/2g-fg' instead of 'easyfun biz/2hC6Q'.

In this Reddit discussion there is another guy who faces the same problem.

These are a few of my enabled extensions: 'Capture d'une page complète en un clic' , IG Stories for Instagram™, RevEye Reverse Image Search, Social Video Downloader, Google Docs hors connexion, Enregistrer dans Google Drive.

I will keep it testing, however, it's weird it only happens to Udemy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors