cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

What are you most proud of right now?

Can you believe we are about to close the books on Q2 in just 10 days? Time flies when you are changing the world, am I right? 🙂

We’d love to know, what is your proudest accomplishment over the past months? 

Did you publish a new course? Hit a financial goal? Become a full-time course creator? Leave your answer in the comments below!

4 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm proud of really getting back into the groove of creating new courses again. There was a long stretch where new opportunities were hard to find, but since last October I've created (or co-created) 5 new technical courses with a sixth well underway. One of them has even become my new top-selling course. It's made me a lot more optimistic that growth for instructors on Udemy is still very much possible if you put in the work.

Another interesting milestone in Q2, if not an accomplishment, is that my revenue from Udemy Business finally exceeded that of marketplace sales. That allows me to shift my strategy to producing courses more aimed at business audiences, which is a welcome change.

I've had some really great 1-on-1 experiences with my Udemy students. I've been focusing on simply supporting my students more than I have in the past few years, even though it might not meet the 80/20 rule for the best use of my time. But for a while I was getting lost in all of the big numbers of students, and it's been nice to have more tangible interactions with students lately.

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I am proud of my below few achievements:

1. Completed 20k students enrollments in just 8 months

2. Selected my 2 Udemy courses in Udemy business

3. 4.6 Instructor ratings

4. Recently completed 75k subscribers on YouTube

5. I Recently completed 25K followers on Twitter

and the list continues.

I quit my regular job a few months ago and Udemy is a my full-time job now.

Udemy has opened a ton of professional doors for me and has given me the opportunity to do one of the things I most enjoy: Teach!

But my proudest moment related to Udemy was completing my Masters of Science degree from Rochester Institute of Technology of August of 2021. The title of my capstone project was "Utilizing a Large-Scale Learning Platform to Help Close the Manufacturing Skills Gap".

The project examined the causes of the skills gap, which skills were lacking the most, and efforts in progress to help close the gap. I proposed that a platform like Udemy could be used to lower the barriers of entry for professionals looking to advance their careers in manufacturing.

In addition to the literature review and project paper, I also launched a course on Udemy titled "Introduction to Supply Chain Analytics using Microsoft Excel" as part of my project.

By the morning of my capstone presentation only a few weeks after the course launched, I already had 91 students enrolled in the course with several very positive reviews.

To date, 674 students have enrolled in that class with an average review of 4.67 stars. By most estimations, the class has been a success on Udemy and without a doubt, my Masters looks marvelous hanging on my studio wall.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors