cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax information

Hello all
I am in the beginning of posting my courses on udemy
I found this notice in my account
Udemy needs some basic tax information from you.
I am from Egypt and I also live in Egypt, and I do not know what information to provide here

MesterPerfect_0-1673020152859.png

I found this table on the Internet, and Egypt is among the countries that have established tax treaties with the United States of America

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/Tax_Treaty_Table_1_2019_Feb.pdf

But I don't know what information should I write
can you help me
Thanks

7 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MesterPerfect, happy to see that you’re working on submitting your tax information. Unfortunately, I’m unable to answer your question as that would be considered tax advice. I highly recommend reaching out to a local tax expert for help. You can also click the informational buttons on the platform to get a further explanations about a certain phrase or section.

If you’re unsure how to use the platform, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com with as much information as possible. Thank you!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Unfortunately, our tax system is not easy, and because I am a blind man, it will be very difficult to get any tax service from my government.
For this, all I need is to know which numbers to put from the table that is attached to my topic.
And this is not considered tax advice. The table in the topic above, I brought it up, and all I need is a simple clarification.

After a lot of searching, I came up with the solution, and I submitted the tax form.
And today I saw this alert in my account
Your tax documentation has been approved.

Which one did you use? 

could you please let me know what you already done to solve this issue. I am Egyptian and  I face this problem and I don't know what TIN number that I should inter.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MahmoudToun885 For non-U.S. instructors, your TIN will be the tax identification number issued by your local government. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) provides a helpful page here, which details the names and formats that various countries use as TINs. If you're still unsure which number to provide, we recommend consulting a tax professional who can speak more directly about your situation.

Eliana Cerna

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MahmoudToun885 For non-U.S. instructors, your TIN will be the tax identification number issued by your local government. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) provides a helpful page here, which details the names and formats that various countries use as TINs. If you're still unsure which number to provide, we recommend consulting a tax professional who can speak more directly about your situation.

Eliana Cerna

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors