why some people fail on udemy where others succeed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why some people fail on udemy where others succeed?

Go to solution

Why Some People Fail on udemy Where Others Succeed? do luck play an important role  in  success?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

No. You don't succeed on Udemy because of luck! You succeed because a) you have expertise in an area that customers are looking for; b) you are an effective teacher; c) you have learned how to record and edit engaging video lessons; d) you have done your job to market your own courses.

You make your own luck.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

View solution in original post

7 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion

Go to solution

No. You don't succeed on Udemy because of luck! You succeed because a) you have expertise in an area that customers are looking for; b) you are an effective teacher; c) you have learned how to record and edit engaging video lessons; d) you have done your job to market your own courses.

You make your own luck.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you sir Your articles are  very useful in this forum, I am currently preparing a lesson and try to follow your instructions strictly. thank you

FrankKane
Community Champion

Go to solution

Really it's how you look at it. You could say it's luck to happen to have expertise in an area that customers are looking for, or that it's luck to have the talents needed to be an effective teacher.  And that was my opinion until Lawrence forced me to think about it more deeply just now. Both are ultimately things that are learned and practiced - it takes hard work, not luck.

However... I do think I was lucky to have been in the right place, at the right time, with the right skills when I discovered Udemy.

But even that wasn't totally luck. Even though there is an element of chance at success, the frequency at which you try new endeavors such as teaching on Udemy increases your eventual odds of success at something you try. Even if success is in some ways a roll of the dice, you can work to roll the dice more often until you win.

Go to solution

I think hard work helps to make our luck , I am now creating a course but I have many fears. What if I do not succeed? what if ...? These fears terrified me a lot, hahaha , but im gonna to do it anyway
Thank you Frank

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

@MarouaOuakrim , persistence, perseverance, dedication. Be consistent with your message, find a structure that works for you and understand that very few of us became successful in our first few months here on Udemy, Spend some time getting to know Udemy and how it actually works, have a long term approach to success. Good luck and enjoy x

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

Thank you so much sharon for your reply 

Go to solution

Luck has little or nothing to do with it. The recipe for success, in any business, including udemy, is to have a precise strategy in mind.
In the case of Udemy you need to be familiar with the niche to which you are taking your courses, in order to understand exactly what your potential students need.
Another important factor is the mastery of one's niche. Students understand if a teacher is prepared or not compared to what he then teaches.
Last element is an efficient promotion strategy, which aims to enhance all that I have written above. You need to find ways to advertise your content, so you can get in touch with as many students as possible.
Luck can only be a little help if you're not prepared, but compared to a trained teacher, a lucky one has no chance of success 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.
Top Liked Authors