send invoice to Udemy

Hi!

I have "one person company" and want to sell courses as company, not personally - this is what I send as TAX declaration.
My accountant told me that I need to send Invoice to Udemy for payment I received from one course (it was already transfered to my PayPal account).
I can create this Invoice, but where can I send it? Normally in invoice system I put some e-mail...
How it works for Udemy?

Additional question is - should I send invoice every month to Udemy looking at Revenue Report?

Comments

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,373 Udemy rank

Hi @rysic123
    Thanks for your question! As part of the agreement of becoming a paid instructor, you license your course to Udemy (US) to be the merchant of record for any sale of your course on our marketplace.

As a result, Udemy is responsible for this type of financial reporting and the invoicing you're describing is unnecessary. Your revenue report includes transactional details for each enrollment, revenue by channel, and data regarding your own promotional activity, but the intent is not for you to have to create invoices out of it. However, you are more than welcome to create your invoices. You may do so using the following information:

Udemy’s Taxpayer Identification Number: 27-1779864.

Udemy VAT ID: EU372008054.Address:
    Udemy, Inc.
    600 Harrison St. 3rd floor
    San Francisco, CA 94107

I hope this helps!

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator

• FrankKane
    FrankKane Posts: 1,788 rolemodel rank

It might mollify your accountant if you describe this as royalty income.

Don't send invoices to Udemy.

• zealvora
    zealvora Posts: 32 trailblazer rank

We have a similar structure here in India, where CA has asked to create an Invoice for the payment received. This invoice is for tax reporting (from my side), and we do not send it to Udemy.

Whatever income you receive monthly, create an invoice with that amount and add a"Bill To" section to Udemy with the address/tax info, as Elina suggested in the earlier post. The invoice should also contain information about your bank account and PayPal account.