Stay Ahead: Update Your Udemy Tax Forms for 2025

MarinaT
MarinaT Posts: 1,869 Udemy rank

Hello instructors!

Earlier this year, we introduced a new policy that requires a valid tax form for all Udemy payouts. It’s important to keep your tax forms up to date to avoid disruption in your payments.

So, with the second half of the year approaching, now is the perfect time to review your tax forms. If your tax forms expire at the end of this year, you should provide an updated tax form to Udemy by January 1st. Otherwise, your 2025 earnings will be on hold until we receive a valid form.

To prepare to submit your updated form, you should gather key information like your legal name, address, and tax identification number, if applicable. Then, visit your Payout & Tax settings page to submit your tax form. Once you do so, you can use this page to check the review status of your form and view your updated withholding rate.

We understand that submitting tax forms can feel daunting, but we have plenty of resources to help you through the process. If you need more assistance, our Support team is here to provide guidance on the information required.

Comments

• Benny Jung
    Benny Jung Posts: 11 observer rank

I can find withholding tax status will be valid by Dec. 31, 2027.

Although I can see it, I have to updated Udemy Tax Form for 2025?

BennyJung_0-1719853547453.png

• Veasna, M.
    Veasna, M. Posts: 160 storyteller rank

Thank you! Let me check it.

• MarinaT

Hi @Benny Jung

Thank you for asking! There is no need for you to update your tax form, as it remains valid until 2027. You only need to upload a new one if the current form is about to expire or if your circumstances have changed (e.g., a change of address).

• Benny Jung
    Benny Jung Posts: 11 observer rank

Thank you for getting back to me.

• MarinaT

You are welcome, @Benny Jung .

Have a lovely weekend ahead!