Why Are Links Marked As Promotion?

Toon Macharis
Toon Macharis Posts: 1 observer rank

I am trying to get my first course published, but it is being blocked with the following (autogenerated?) message:

Udemy Associate · 5 hours ago · On review, it appears that your course includes one or more lectures containing promotional content such as links, coupon codes, additional services, newsletters, etc.

Marketing or promotional content can be shared only in a Bonus Lecture.

If you wish to turn this into a Bonus Lecture, please ensure it meets all the requirements outlined in our Help Center (). It must, for example, be titled something like "Bonus", and it should be the final lecture of the course.

Once you've made edits, resubmit the course for publication and we can review it again.https://support.udemy.com/hc/articles/229232847-Bonus-Lecture-Rules-and-Guidelines

Of all the things mentioned (links, coupon codes, additional services, newsletters), my course only contains links (as external resources), but these links are informative, I am not promoting anything!

How do I get this fixed? Or how do I get Udemy to be specific about what is the problem instead of Udemy vaguely claiming that one or more of my lectures contain promotional content (which is not true)?

Tagged:

Answers

• MarinaT
    MarinaT Posts: 1,901 Udemy rank

Hi @Toon Macharis,

Thank you for your post, and congratulations on getting ready to launch your first course on our platform!

It looks like our Quality Review team found a link that might be against our quality standards. If you are certain that there is no link in your course that violates our policies, I recommend marking the required changes as “fixed” and leaving a note in the available field, asking the team for clarification on which link they are referring to.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our policy team directly via email at policy@udemy.com.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, we are always happy to help.