Can someone please help me understand Udemy Insights?

Hello

Sorry to bother you all with my stupid question, but I don`t know how to interpret the data before me. This data bellow

I`ve looked on Udemy Insight to see how much money you could make with an Instagram course.

Not exactly my niche, but I was curious how much you could make. I see there 14$ does that mean that If i were to create an instagram course i would make about 14$ profit a month?

What does the 2623$ stand for? Does it stand for the fact that the most successful course on Udemy is making 2623$ a month?

If I were to create an below avarage course (I`m trying to keep it real ) on memory or focus per example how can i get a rough estimate of how much I could make from 1 course?

Thank you

And sorry to bother you guys with my stupid questions

Tagged:

Answers

• MarinaT
    MarinaT Posts: 1,899 Udemy rank
    edited August 6

Hi @Bogdy23,

I hope you’re doing well! 😊

You’re not bothering us at all—there’s no such thing as a stupid question! We’re always happy to help, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Please let me clarify your questions: The median value of $14 indicates that, among the courses analyzed, the middle value of earnings is $14. This means that half of the courses make more than $14, and half make less. It’s a measure of central tendency that helps understand the typical earnings from courses in that topic.

When referring to "Top monthly revenue," it represents the average revenue of the top courses in this topic.

Generally speaking, the Marketplace Insights feature provides data on student demand, search volume, and revenue for specific topics, helping instructors decide what course to teach next. While Udemy cannot guarantee a specific sales amount for any given course due to the nature of the open marketplace, this tool offers an indication of how similar courses are performing 😊.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have additional questions.

• Bogdy23
    Bogdy23 Posts: 4 researcher rank

Hello,

Thanks very much; you are so kind. If you don`t work for UDEMY, you can probably answer this for me. Is 100$ a month a realistic result?

Also, where can I find more threads about how to launch my course, give out free coupons, and other strategies that will get my course more attention and reviews? So I don`t fall below the 14$ a month category but above it.

And hopefully, make 100$ per course just from Udemy alone.

Thank you so much