Not letting me submit tax form... Button is not there

I am trying to find how to submit my tax forms but the button to submit the forms is not even showing up under the payout and tax settings. I am almost positive that I am a premium instructor since I went through all the steps to set it up… but nothing is showing up!!! HELP!

Answers

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,352 Udemy rank

Hi @mota3409 Thanks for your question. The option to submit a tax form will become available once you have your first sale. You can find information on how to submit a tax form here.

I hope this helps!

Eliana

Udemy Community Moderator

• mota3409
    mota3409 Posts: 7 observer rank

It finally came up… but now I am trying to fill out the tax form and it says that they can not validate my SSN number even though I am putting in my correct SSN number…

• mota3409
  • ElianaC

Hi @mota3409 Thanks for following up. Could you please try to check this article maybe you can get some missing information. If this doesn't help, please reach out to Instructor Support the team will guide you. To contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right.

I hope this helps!

Eliana

• mota3409

But that is for non-US instructors… I am US based instructor.

• Hi,

I am having similar issue where the tax form is not showing on the Payout Settings page. Please help.

Deepti

• ElianaC

Hi @deepti_verma I'm sorry to hear you are unable to see the option to submit the tax form, please reach out to the support team so they can guide you through. To contact the team, please open the help center article here and click “Contact Us” on the right!

• Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I did click on "Contact Us" and it was a Virtual agent which wasn't much helpful. I went through all the links for tax information but still not able to figure out why the button for submitting tax forms is not available on the Payout Settings portal. Please help. Thanks.

• ElianaC

Hi @deepti_verma I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Our virtual assistant, Alex, is designed to gather all relevant information from instructors, enabling our support team to offer assistance as you need it.

When engaging with the chatbot, you should be able to submit a ticket by typing "submit a ticket" in the provided field (multiple submissions might be required). The chatbot will prompt you to specify whether you're a learner or an instructor before proceeding to confirm your request to open a support ticket, you should be able to type "submit an email ticket to support" (shown in the screenshot) and the ticket will be created. Once you are next in the queue you will get a response from the support team. 

I will encourage you to try again so you can get in contact with the support team.

I hope this helps!

Eliana