Newbie!

Here's a reworded version of your message:

I recently became an instructor on Udemy and launched my first course, intended for a specific group of students from my affiliated institution. I've encountered some unexpected issues:

1. I didn't realise students needed to sign up when given the course link. Is there a way around this?
  2. In an attempt to resolve this, I tried changing the course to public, but it didn't solve the problem. After making this change, I noticed my course has been placed back under review.

This situation is quite frustrating. Can anyone provide guidance or advice on how to handle these issues?

Answers

• Marious
    Marious Posts: 355 mentor rank

I do not think there is a way around to watch a course without signing up. That would make Udemy look like youtube

• cardiacACCP
    cardiacACCP Posts: 3 observer rank
    edited September 11

Not really. Udemy is nothing like YouTube. This is a free course, which I have created for a private student group. I am not sure why, there needs to be sign up. Sending a link to said students, and them viewing the course should be allowed without registration. It is not clear at all from the website that sign up from each audience member is necessary.
    I appreciate this is different for paid courses, but not all courses are paid.

• So to be clear, you want to upload videos to a course that is only accessible to students using a private link?
    That's possible. That's called a private course.

You want them to view this course without signing up?
    That's not possible. Why would Udemy allow that. Udemy is a business and makes money selling courses.

Do that as an unlisted Youtube video.