❗️**Announcement** UB Content Removal Email Sent in Error ❗️

Chrystie
Chrystie Posts: 531 Udemy rank
edited September 18 in Community News

Hello Instructors!

Some of you may have received an email stating your courses have been removed from the UB Collection. Please rest assured your course is still included in the main Udemy Business collection. Our curation team is editing a private custom collection and our system sent out an automated notification in error to instructors who are NOT impacted.

We value your participation in Udemy Business and sincerely apologize for the panic this has caused. If you have any further questions, please reach out to our support team.

Comments

• Thanks @Chrystie ,

Yes - that was a bit of panic when I received 11 such emails.

Phew!

Phillip

• Chrystie
    Chrystie Posts: 531 Udemy rank

@PhilEbiner I can imagine! 😩 Thank you for reaching out and bringing it to our attention.

• @Chrystie - no, it's the other Phil!

• @PhillipBurton You poor thing. I got three and nearly fainted. My cat is still looking at me anxiously.

• Yes, me too. I couldn't work out why my courses had been removed. Good that you let people know quickly.

Thanks

• FrankKane
    FrankKane Posts: 1,775 rolemodel rank

Are "private custom collections" something new?

• FrankKane
    FrankKane Posts: 1,775 rolemodel rank

@JTokatlian Thank you for the communication and clarification.

• Ahh i just saw this now. Not sure how to confirm if its error or real. Please some one help

• I did not get any such emails. Feeling kind of left out 😞

• @Chrystie thank you for the announcement.

I got an email about my top rated (4.8-5.0 star) course getting removed so I was scratching my head in disbelief.

@JTokatlian thank you for the update and for the communication. No harm done.

• @JTokatlian Thanks for the clarification. Mistakes happen.

However, I would like to address the following concerns. These automated emails seem very impersonal and leave the actual reason for removal unclear. So any instructor will follow up with support, they will forward this to UB, etc…

What is the actual process for removing a course from UB? Wouldn't it make sense to send a warning a few months in advance (if possible) that the course metrics are falling behind what is expected from a course in UB?

• @JTokatlian Thank you for the clarification. It requires a real big heart and moral courage to accept and take onus for one's error and as a soldier, I highly appreciate that. To err is human….

• KarolyNyisztor
    KarolyNyisztor Posts: 588 visionary rank
    edited September 12

Shoot! That email made my day…NOT! 😓 So relieved it was just an error!

@Chrystie Thanks for the prompt update. Yet, I wish it were a follow-up email, though. (I bet some instructors are still biting their nails over this.)

@JTokatlian Thank you for the details. So, is getting these emails ultimately a good thing (that is, our courses were selected into a niche collection)?

• Vasco
    Vasco Posts: 9 researcher rank

Lost 2 years of live at least, I'm not getting those back. 😂😂😂

Just kidding, very happy to see here the pinned post.

• @JTokatlian yup, I got the email a week ago. So, I think the issue has happened for a while

• admas
    admas Posts: 2 observer rank

It would have been nice and the right thing to send us an email notifying us that was a mistake. Mistakes happen no problem but at least let us know.

I had to google to find this announcement.

Could've been better communicated but anyway thank you for the notifications.