Including a upload code with my course

Hello,

I am currently creating a course on music production in Ableton, and had an idea I thought students may enjoy.

I currently run an online radio station (nytalkradio.com). I would like to provide anyone who signs up for my course 1 free upload to the stream. Meaning, I would like to perhaps provide a unique code with every course - and those who take it and create something they really like - will have the ability to upload 1 song to nytalkradio.com (its a shoutcast server).

With this idea, I would need to be able to provide students a upload code when they purchase the course, but, every one would need to be unique (in other words, every course comes with a student code that is different from anyone elses).

Does anyone know if something like this is possible to do?

Thanks everyone,

Comments

• FrankKane
    FrankKane Posts: 1,774 rolemodel rank
    edited September 11

That's a really cool idea.

I think student user names are unique… perhaps those would do? I'm not really familiar with Shoutcast and how it manages uploads. It might be simpler to just link to a public Dropbox folder or something in your course and manage it manually, unless the quantity of submissions becomes a hassle.

Just be aware of Udemy's policies around not soliciting private information like email addresses within your course.

-Frank (fellow online radio station owner :) )

• Hey Frank,

Thank you so much for the info, btw, whats your station :)

That might work - using student names…. going to have to geek out a bit and do some thinking…. shoutcast is just the streaming software - but I can create forms, and allow uploads from the linux box…. thus, if I get a list of student names.. I can create a DB on that system - and if the name matches, the upload is accepted :)

Anyhow, thank you for that info, and have an awesome day!